Picked up an Ipod Touch 4G, not even comparable to my GNex.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to try ios because "everyone, meaning Apple fanboys" love it. Social figured, why not? Well upon opening it and turning it on it was so slow. I couldn't even restore it. Setting up everything was a breeze on my Nexus. Even after I let the Ipod settle down it still was slow. Yes, it was a tad smoother, but it is barely noticeable. I would never use an "I" device again and granted it is an Ipod and it has less ram because of that, I still think it would be as fast as the iphone. In conclusion I have found that Ios is way behind Android and needs to catch up speed wise. This is coming from a 3 year Android user and going strong. Android

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Picked up an Ipod Touch 4G, not even comparable..

and an orange doesnt taste like a grape.

The ipod has one real function to play music and video so it is not as "developed" as the iphone. It is not a true representation of iOS by any means.

I am in no way, shape or form a liker of apple or anything "i" related but let's be real about things.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand that they are different, but even when talking about looks, customization, and overall features Android still surpassed apples "IOS". Just all my opinion of course.

Sent from the future.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to try ios because "everyone, meaning Apple fanboys" love it. Social figured, why not? Well upon opening it and turning it on it was so slow. I couldn't even restore it. Even after I let everything settle down it still was slow. Yes, it was a tad smoother, but it is barely noticeable. I would never use an "I" device again and granted it is an Ipod and it has less ram because of that, I still think it would be as fast as the iphone. In conclusion I have found that Ios is way behind and needs to catch up speed wise. This is coming from a 3 year Android user and going strong. Android <3.

Sent from the future.

You can understand my confusion when not once, even in your title do you mention the nexus.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Picked up an Ipod Touch 4G, not even comparable..

I have an iPod Touch 4G and a Verizon GNex. The iPod could hold its own against my original Droid, but the GNex blows it away.

Of course, there's only a 1 ghz processor and 256 mb of ram in the iPod. Both the iPhone 4 and 4S have twice the ram and the 4S has a better processor. The iPhones thus are able to mitigate the choppiness you see with the iPod Touch. They're much smoother (but still have quirks).

The iPod Touch is just a different device at this point. The screen is lit differently than an iPhone, the camera is a joke, and it lacks gps and vibration. The thing that gets to me is that my iPod has gotten noticeably slower with each update. iOS 5 really staggers it. Crashes happen regularly, especially when I play games that demand a lot of horsepower. Funny how Android updates speed a device up while Apple updates tend to slow devices down.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Why do you call the iPod Touch 4G? It may be running IOS4 but it is solely a wireless device. It complements my Galaxy Nexus wonderfully because I don't have to run down my GNEX battery at home when checking email and Twitter and don't want to turn on my computer. I forget the name of it, but Samsung is coming out with a new device that parallels the iPod Touch. It too, is solely wireless. Neither of them compare with the GNEX, and weren't intended to.

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say it but there are some major problems with Android's music player which make the iPod/iPhone better in that regard. I still only use my Android (haven't turned my old iPod on since I turned on my GNex) to play music though cause there are a few things it does better but for now, it loses. Supposedly 4.0.4 fixes one of the major issues (some songs will stutter when the screen turns off) though which would finally push it above Apple in that regard. For now iPod still wins :(

I listen to music for about 3 hours a day though so I know almost every problem with it.. if only they would listen to me.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Why do you call the iPod Touch 4G? It may be running IOS4 but it is solely a wireless device. It complements my Galaxy Nexus wonderfully because I don't have to run down my GNEX battery at home when checking email and Twitter and don't want to turn on my computer. I forget the name of it, but Samsung is coming out with a new device that parallels the iPod Touch. It too, is solely wireless. Neither of them compare with the GNEX, and weren't intended to.

I only meant "4th generation" iPod Touch, not implicate whatever the carriers are calling their wireless tech this week (only LTE can reasonably be called 4G, AT&T strong armed the body that oversees these things to label HSPA+ "4G" even though HSPA+ is a third generation wireless technology). Before Google Music, I used my iPod for music and some apps. Now my iPod has been relegated to the lower tier of gadget usage anyone has: exercise music player.