Benefits of phone encryption

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Is it needed to protect photos on the device I encrypted my phone a few weeks ago because I wanted to make sure that if I lost my phone it would be protected. I also have Lookout Premium installed.

The biggest drawback I have found is not being able to use the pattern unlock. I am stuck using a PIN unlock and it's a royal pain. For some reason the keypad isn't very responsive and if you try to enter your PIN to quick, it usually will miss a digit. Not fun when trying to unlock the phone to make a call when driving.

Can photos and videos still be accessed on the Galaxy Nexus if it has a pattern lock? If so, not that big of a deal since I have nothing super private on there, but it's good to know.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
encryption benefit is just your data protection nothing else... it has many downside. might become slow. so whatever suits you better.. I have not encrypted it.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
And if your rooted DO NOT ENCRYPT its a nightmare trust me I lived through it and lost a whole Saturday recovering my phone

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Can photos and videos still be accessed on the Galaxy Nexus if it has a pattern lock? If so, not that big of a deal since I have nothing super private on there, but it's good to know.

Just get an app to lock the gallery if you're worried about it. Search for gallery lock in the Play store. There are plenty of apps available for that.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's a bit convoluted, but I move the pics off my phone to my computer, upload them to Picasa via the desktop Picasa app, and sync the gallery on the phone. The pics show up as if they were stored locally. With two step authentication enabled, you can withdraw permission for the phone to access your account if you lose the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma