Well my 1st replacement phone comes tomorrow

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it's the only one.

I thought I had been really lucky with my phone, no data problems, no dropped calls, no speaker problems in call.
Thing is My phone signal sucks.

Didn't know I had a problem till a few weeks ago when my wife couldn't get thru, my calls were going straight to voice mail. Not only was my phone showing no missed calls, but the voice mails were taking 30 minutes to an hour to get to my phone.

Long story short I started checking battery use and anytime I was traveling around my signal was non existent. Sometimes as much as 53 % with no signal over an 8 hour period. One day my wife and I went out and about ,her thunderbolt was 1% no signal mine was 57%. These times with no phone signal my data signal was fine, couldn't call but could surf the web.

Verizon said most people had data signal problems and they thought it was strange my data was strong but cell signal was not working. So tomorrow replacement number 1 comes and we shall see what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was sent my first replacement last week but ended up sending it right back because it had major screen banding issues. Before you set up the phone, I would turn it on and make sure you're happy with the screen.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hope you are as lucky as I am. I received my first replacement CLN Gnex yesterday and it is perfect. Appearance and performance is "like new". Could not be more pleased.

Good luck with yours.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my GNex on Friday, and swapped it out yesterday for another on. This one is just as bad. On the way home last night I needed roadside assistance. The GNex would not get a signal. Luckily I had my DX2, activated it and was able to make the calls I needed. I looked at me cell standby: it was on for 2 hours, 48% of the time with no signal.

Is it possible I got two bad phones? Possibly. It's back to BestBuy again tonight however to try another one. Some people do claim to have no issues, so there has to be a good one out there somewhere.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible I got two bad phones? Possibly. It's back to BestBuy again tonight however to try another one. Some people do claim to have no issues, so there has to be a good one out there somewhere.

I wonder if there's a correlation between signal problems and geographic location. I checked yesterday after reading this thread to see if I had any time without signal and it showed 0%. Just curious if maybe coverage issues are exacerbated by a weak antenna that Samsung phones are purported to have.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
All these issues are disturbing. It's really giving this phone a bad name.
I feel a need to defend the phone in all the hate threads, but its an uphill battle.

GL with the new phone...there are good ones out there. :)

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
All these issues are disturbing. It's really giving this phone a bad name.
I feel a need to defend the phone in all the hate threads, but its an uphill battle.

GL with the new phone...there are good ones out there. :)

Well I hope it's a good one too, otherwise Verizon will send me another one and another one after that if they have to.

I don't want another phone,I don't want a Max,I don't want an HTC . I walked out of Verizon's store with a Gnex because after comparing the phones that's the one I wanted. I read reviews I knew the battery wasn't great, but it's the phone I felt best fit my needs,and I still feel that way. I just want one that works lol.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope it's a good one too, otherwise Verizon will send me another one and another one after that if they have to.

I don't want another phone,I don't want a Max,I don't want an HTC . I walked out of Verizon's store with a Gnex because after comparing the phones that's the one I wanted. I read reviews I knew the battery wasn't great, but it's the phone I felt best fit my needs,and I still feel that way. I just want one that works lol.

I feel the same way. I really like this phone a lot, not just ICS but the size, the way it feels, the screen, etc. I want it to work. I talked with VZW texh support today and told him of my issues. So he traced my travels from tower to tower. He said if the antenna was bad on the phone, I'd never get a signal. He was saying it's the network. I'm consistently at -100 to -120 dBm, forced CDMA mode. When I talk to people on this phone they complain that I keep cutting out.

I'll just keep swapping until I get a good one, or until an update fixes it. The Fascinate was like this when it was first released too. Then an update came out and it was ok.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way. I really like this phone a lot, not just ICS but the size, the way it feels, the screen, etc. I want it to work. I talked with VZW texh support today and told him of my issues. So he traced my travels from tower to tower. He said if the antenna was bad on the phone, I'd never get a signal. He was saying it's the network. I'm consistently at -100 to -120 dBm, forced CDMA mode. When I talk to people on this phone they complain that I keep cutting out.

I'll just keep swapping until I get a good one, or until an update fixes it. The Fascinate was like this when it was first released too. Then an update came out and it was ok.

That seems to be their current troubleshooting answer, first it was a bad sim so they made everyone swap out sims with no improvement and now they are blaming the network. The problem is that I have 6 verizon devices in my household, four of which are 4G LTE, and none of the others have problems on the same network.

Most of the people who have issues with their GN state that other phones around them work correctly so it can't be "the network", can it?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My signal is fine, 0% without signal. BUT I am running the leaked 4.0.4 radios...I'm sure most signal issues will be fixed once Verizon rolls out 4.0.4...whenever that is.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That seems to be their current troubleshooting answer, first it was a bad sim so they made everyone swap out sims with no improvement and now they are blaming the network. The problem is that I have 6 verizon devices in my household, four of which are 4G LTE, and none of the others have problems on the same network.

Most of the people who have issues with their GN state that other phones around them work correctly so it can't be "the network", can it?

I was actually surprised he blamed the network. I had 3 other VZW phones sitting next to me while on the phone, telling him they were all at -83 dBm, with the GN at -120.

My signal is fine, 0% without signal. BUT I am running the leaked 4.0.4 radios...I'm sure most signal issues will be fixed once Verizon rolls out 4.0.4...whenever that is.

If the update doesn't land by the end of the month, I'll put the leaked version on to see what happens. I'm not giving up on the phone so I hope it works.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The radios haven't fixed anything besides switching from 3G to 4G smoothly. I called Verizon today and they blamed network. Apparently some Verizon guy is gonna be testing the phone now to see if its a problem for him as well, and is going to report back to me so we can find a solution. They think we are stupid. The hardware is just bad. I know some people are being offered a Droid maxx, I think I'm going to wait for the HD to come out and switch it with that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Have my second LN replacement coming tomorrow. Can't stand the squelching in my earpiece and mic drop issues. I said when I bought this phone I was gonna give it six months before hacking but I think five is enough. Heck, one day was too long. Oh well. At least I can hack it. Good luck on your replacement.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's a correlation between signal problems and geographic location. I checked yesterday after reading this thread to see if I had any time without signal and it showed 0%. Just curious if maybe coverage issues are exacerbated by a weak antenna that Samsung phones are purported to have.

This would not explain the fact that I am getting 3 bars of 4g where I was only getting 0-1 bar of 3g with my nexus... I wish people would just finally admit that the radios suck!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781