Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Channan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,757 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default SIM cards

Are the SIM cards on the Bionic and the Galaxy Nexus interchangeable?

Global Posts
    2,658 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: SIM cards

The GNex is a micro SIM card, I believe the Bionic is a standard size. Others have cut a standard size SIM card to fit in a micro slot, or you can try using an adapter.
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I bought an Adapter off eBay for like $1.17 including shipping so I can swap between my Galaxy Nexus and ThunderBolt. Why would I want to use my ThunderBolt? I don't know. I guess it's good knowing I have a backup phone if I break my Galaxy Nexus and I don't have to go to Verizon to get a new SIM.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock, Bugless Beast

I just traced my microSIM card on my ThunderBolt's old SIM card, and just cut the ThunderBolt SIM to act as an adapter for my microSIM, works just fine

Quote Originally Posted by davidsnoodles View Post
    I just traced my microSIM card on my ThunderBolt's old SIM card, and just cut the ThunderBolt SIM to act as an adapter for my microSIM, works just fine
    Wow, that is ingenious, brave but ingenious.

Carrier
    Jelly Belly

So, for a 4G device on Verizon, do you just move the SIM to a new device to change to it, or do you still have to use the web interface to switch the device like we did for 3G devices?

Global Posts
    2,658 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    So, for a 4G device on Verizon, do you just move the SIM to a new device to change to it, or do you still have to use the web interface to switch the device like we did for 3G devices?
    I haven't tried it but I think you can just swap SIMs. On their website, if you activate a 4G phone, you will then be prompted to enter the SIM card number. But in theory, you should be able to swap. I'm picking up a Maxx today, so I'll swap my Nexus SIM with that and see what happens.

Here's a link from the CrackBerry site for those asking about putting a micro SIM card in a standard SIM slot:

http://crackberry.com/how-use-micro-...rry-smartphone
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    You can switch the SIM card between any Verizon 4G device and service transfers, just like it does on GSM phones/networks.
    vjames418 likes this.