my mic keeps cutting off during a call. it is happening quite often. I want to know if i get and use a bluetooth will it still happen?
    05-16-2012 05:54 AM
    I'll take a wild guess and say yes it will help.
    I say that because so many people have this mic cutout issue that I didn't know existed because I always use a BT headset.

I don't understand why anyone would want to hold a large, hot, smartphone to their ear anyway.
    05-16-2012 06:36 AM
    What's awesome is that verizon claims to know nothing of this issue. Yet I'm on my 3rd phone.

On topic: yes a Bluetooth or headphones will bypass the problem.
    05-16-2012 06:39 AM
    Yes it will help because the mic cut out is with the phone itself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    05-16-2012 12:04 PM
    I would love to have someone confirm this. I always thought the mic was fine, but the phone would not transmit my side of the conversation.
    05-16-2012 12:54 PM
    I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2012 01:08 PM
    I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.
    05-16-2012 02:11 PM
    So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.
    I still have this problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2012 02:15 PM
    I hooked it up a jambox speaker box which is bluetooth. It still happened.
    05-16-2012 03:13 PM
    I'm on my second Gnex and the mic problem has not been an issue. I spent two hours on my phone yesterday and had no issues with the mic. There are some batches that are better than others. I'd try a warranty replacement. It resolved the mic issues and the data radios don't fall asleep on me anymore. The phone still does the occasional reboot and the screen had some blocking and burnt images but I'm holding on to this one until the fabled update rolls out.
    05-16-2012 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD