Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will getting a bluetooh solve the mic that keeps getting cut off?

my mic keeps cutting off during a call. it is happening quite often. I want to know if i get and use a bluetooth will it still happen?

Default Re: will getting a bluetooh solve the mic that keeps getting cut

I'll take a wild guess and say yes it will help.
    I say that because so many people have this mic cutout issue that I didn't know existed because I always use a BT headset.

I don't understand why anyone would want to hold a large, hot, smartphone to their ear anyway.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    depends on the time

What's awesome is that verizon claims to know nothing of this issue. Yet I'm on my 3rd phone.

On topic: yes a Bluetooth or headphones will bypass the problem.

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yes it will help because the mic cut out is with the phone itself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

I would love to have someone confirm this. I always thought the mic was fine, but the phone would not transmit my side of the conversation.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.
    I still have this problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I hooked it up a jambox speaker box which is bluetooth. It still happened.

I'm on my second Gnex and the mic problem has not been an issue. I spent two hours on my phone yesterday and had no issues with the mic. There are some batches that are better than others. I'd try a warranty replacement. It resolved the mic issues and the data radios don't fall asleep on me anymore. The phone still does the occasional reboot and the screen had some blocking and burnt images but I'm holding on to this one until the fabled update rolls out.