Google Voice actions

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So I'm running AOKP and I'm trying to get my search button(when held down) to pop up with the Google Voice Actions. So I could say, "Text SoandSo what's on tap for tonight?" and it'll send the message. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this to work on the Nexus, I can't for the life of me figure out how.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tap the search button > tap microphone icon by search bar > then speak...text ________, your message and it will pop up > double check the text and hit send button.

I don't use voice much....but i don't think you can use google voice with out a couple of button hits. There are a few voice activated assistants in the market place that might do this better......or i might be way off.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Now that the usual search button is gone, you have to use the little mic icon that is on the static search bar. That search bar was the first thing I turned off. but had to turn it back on because of this.

The Google Voice Search works better than the rest in my experience, especially on ICS. The stupid one that Swype uses pisses me off :).

I would love to find a widget, or even an app shortcut instead of that tiny mic in the search bar... would love to get that screen real estate back. Anyone know of one?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I figured it out, if you have Nova Launcher installed set the action to the following for the long press search button in AOKP:

Custom App > Activities > Voice Search > IntentRawActivity

Reactions: 2defmouze

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the Apex launcher. It lets me program the home button to run an app when it's already at the home screen. I have it run Vlingo. Pressing home once while at the home screen takes me directly into voice actions. Pressing it twice anywhere else takes me directly into voice actions.

Very convenient. And, it's the reason I use Apex instead of Nova.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out, if you have Nova Launcher installed set the action to the following for the long press search button in AOKP:

Custom App > Activities > Voice Search > IntentRawActivity

Thanks for that :) I use apex launcher but nova is installed and that workaround works perfect.. One of those things that's been nagging at me lately lol.. Thx again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa