weird grey/red toolbar with coordinateWhem i touch screen

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Very weird thing happened all if a sudden. At the top of my screen over the tool bar is a gray and Res bar that has coordinates that change when I touch the screen and I also am having a thing that pops on where ever I touch. Any one else having this problem?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
go under accessibility options and somewhere in there you should see "show where I touch" and turn it off. It should solve the problem. How it got on in the first place is yours alone....

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Very weird thing happened all if a sudden. At the top of my screen over the tool bar is a gray and Res bar that has coordinates that change when I touch the screen and I also am having a thing that pops on where ever I touch. Any one else having this problem?

Can you do a screen shot showing what you're talking about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Im ed. That was it. I have no clue how it got turned on but that was on and debugging was turned off. It was under developer options.

Thanks for your help.

llbrewster

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks piizzadude! I started having same problem today but I know about that feature and am sure I didnt turn it on. Also under Developer Options "Show CPU usage" was turned on which was also being displayed on screen & I didn't check that one either. Could I have malware that would've turned those features on?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it...

More and more it seems as if some settings are randomly turning on or off recently. Not sure what is going on there. It isn't limited to Samsung either So I am guessing that it is something with ICS but since I am not an Android Dev, it is just an educated guess on my part

K P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen to my phone!!!! Googled the problem and thank goodness you had had the same weird experience. Lol. It was in my "Developer Options" under "Settings"...turned off "Shoe pointer location". Whoo hoo! ;)

Bikeguy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just had the same happen to me.

Had the pointer coordinates turned on, as well as the "CPU usage", which looked like it was scrolling code down the right hand side.

Thanks, KP. Used your description to find the stuff to turn off and make the problems go away.

Bill Skywatcher

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for the tip!! My LG Optimus just had the same problem, and I easily found setting and turned it off.

For me, this happened when the phone was in my pocket and got hot. Sometimes when these phones get warm they do strange things.:)

Danielhawk

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem On my LG phone and sure enough in the Developer Options there was an option called "Show touch data"
that had its box checked. Uncheck, crosshairs gone! Yay! Thank You.

Shelaghd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the same after updating Samsung S7. Went into settings & searched 'touch'. Found 'show touch' in developer options. Switched it off.

lento

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yap, I have the same problem but after reading your post I solved it, I was much bothered of it. Thankyou very much.:)

This post information was right on and solved the same problem for me... Thank You whoever that person was who understood the problem... I am running Android 7.0 on a Moto g5 Plus and thought I might have to return the fone... You saved my sanity....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs