Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Why is the VZW Nexus $250 more than the GSM version from Google?

What's the deal?

And are there ANY recent, reliable, robust phones available from Verizon right now? The Razr Maxx is a Moto phone and probably will never be updated past ICS. The Droid Incredible 4G LTE (when it comes out) may suffer from the same memory issues in Sense 4.0 that the One series is suffering from (and which HTC says is a feature, not a bug). The Nexus is now hardware that's six months old.

What is out there for Verizon that (a) is worth the money now, (b) will be updated for any significant period of time, and (c) won't fall apart?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Motos are very well made phones. And no phone available now besides the nexus is going to be updated past ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynye View Post
    What's the deal?

And are there ANY recent, reliable, robust phones available from Verizon right now? The Razr Maxx is a Moto phone and probably will never be updated past ICS. The Droid Incredible 4G LTE (when it comes out) may suffer from the same memory issues in Sense 4.0 that the One series is suffering from (and which HTC says is a feature, not a bug). The Nexus is now hardware that's six months old.

What is out there for Verizon that (a) is worth the money now, (b) will be updated for any significant period of time, and (c) won't fall apart?
    Are you trying to get the Verizon nexus off contract? If not then the Verizon nexus is $199 for a 2 year contract.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    @workMakin$

Default Re: Why is the VZW Nexus $250 more than the GSM version from Goog

I believe the added cost is for the larger memory 16gb vs 32gb a larger battery 1750mAh vs 1850mAh and LTE/CDMA hardware. Even if in some eyes it is less of a device it really does have more to it.

http://wireless.newegg.com/eCommerce...a0a3034389a096

79.99 + 40.00 credit for new accounts/lines
    Thanked by:
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Why is the VZW Nexus $250 more than the GSM version from Goog

The Rezound is a great phone. I'm playing with the Galaxy Nexus currently but have been using the Rezound for the last 6 months.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney