5/22 Update via Droid-Life

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Last week when I was talking to support about cell signal issues I was told by two support people a update was coming in May but they didn't know when in May.
If it's true that's great, but I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens,I have to many things to live for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone should hold anything, however given that it was said they saw the screen in store from the rep, i'll be hitting update at 12:01 lol

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
I am up at 4:00am Eastern, so I will be checking that out post cat feeding...otherwise the cat might not let me near the phone.

That said, my breath is not being held.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
From what I read, there is no solid proof for it being released tomorrow, but just to play it safe the best way to check for the update is to do the following:

Go to settings, apps, all, find "Google Services Framework", and clear data.

Then go check for the update.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not hopeful.

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll believe it when it's on my phone...I bought the Nexus because I wanted the fastest updates without having to much around with flashing ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buck101

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I have no faith in anything workers from Verizon say, and I laugh when people start throwing around a specific date for the OTA!

Reactions: moosc

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I just saw Bigfoot and he told me an update was coming from big red in May. I am not holding my breath on this either, seems that in Feb we were reading the same thing about an updated and nothing happened. I do hope its true though.

Reactions: moosc

NOLA_Droid

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
From what I read, there is no solid proof for it being released tomorrow, but just to play it safe the best way to check for the update is to do the following:

Go to settings, apps, all, find "Google Services Framework", and clear data.

Then go check for the update.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not hopeful.

Just tried it. It said I last checked for an update on 12/31/1969. I guess I have been waiting a very long time for this update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to be that guy, but I am confused about something. I am unlocked but not rooted. Will I still receive the OTA update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674