Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gnex replacement - backing up app/data no root?

Well my 6-month old phone's USB port seems to have died. I can't charge it or connect it to a PC.... tried USB debugging.... uninstall / install, update driver on PC etc.... can't recognize it. The phone is otherwise fully functioning. I can connect to it via bluetooth, I can tether.... etc.

So I got my replacement from VZW today. I got my calendar and contacts sync'd but I'm trying to get more. I got WUG's toolkit but obviously without USB I can't connect to the phone.

- is there an easy way for a noob to backup / restore apps, data, setting, photos etc...without USB connectivity? perhaps via bluetooth to a PC or wifi to an FTP server?

- do I need root... and can I root it without connecting to a PC?

thx!!!!

I would try setting up Google Drive and banking up your important data. Then just download onto new device.

Default Re: Gnex replacement - backing up app/data no root?

There are also a few different wifi explorer apps (like WiFI File Explorer) that let you transfer files to and from your phone or pc.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/