Do you use voice dial?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time. The only thing I don't like is that there is no confirmation.
In the event that it misunderstands the name, it will dial the contact it thinks you said.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the voice dialer via my bluetooth speakerphone.
The volume is super low. I can barely hear it. Whereas my wife's RazrMAXX and my previous DINC are fine volume wise on this same bluetooth speakerphone.
For me, it crashes often. You don't know that it has crashed. It pops up when I "ask" for it. But it fails to listen. Rebooting the phone fixes it.
Lastly, as pool_shark mentioned, it doesn't confirm, it just dials after you speak. So, as it often does, it dials the wrong person.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys tried using Voice Search instead? It does give a confirmation. Not that it is perfect either. It sure seems like we could use the ole +20db mic boost check box :).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the voice dialer via my bluetooth speakerphone.
The volume is super low. I can barely hear it. Whereas my wife's RazrMAXX and my previous DINC are fine volume wise on this same bluetooth speakerphone.
For me, it crashes often. You don't know that it has crashed. It pops up when I "ask" for it. But it fails to listen. Rebooting the phone fixes it.
Lastly, as pool_shark mentioned, it doesn't confirm, it just dials after you speak. So, as it often does, it dials the wrong person.

When it says "speak now" turn up the bluetooth volume. It will usually stay from that point.

Have you guys tried using Voice Search instead? It does give a confirmation. Not that it is perfect either. It sure seems like we could use the ole +20db mic boost check box :).

I can't launch voice search by double tapping the button on my BT headset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz