Volume & headphone jack

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
in past 2 weeks, as far as i've noticed, my media volume will go down to zero whenever i pull out the headphones or anything in the headphone jack. it has never done that before. did they change the music app so that it mutes the media volume when i take out anything in the headphone jack? before it would just stop the music. now, whether or not music is playing when i pull out the headphones, it will mute the media volume, always. it doesn't affect the ringer volume.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Started happening to me too. I thought it was something I managed to screw up somehow. I don't have an answer, but you're not alone.

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue - have either of you guys figured out a solution? It's driving me nuts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
While I don't have this issue (my music stops when I unplug, so that's a different issue)

But use this, it is the best. Change the color to ics colors, make it hidden, I have mine at the top.

Also works in the lock screen.

volume control overlay

jaygatsby9909

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The only solution that i have found is to download volume Control + and lock the volume. It still turns down when you unplug but the app turns it back up afterward because it is locked. You can still turn it down with the volume rocker.