Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    I added the working version 4.0 that I am using to a public Dropbox folder for those who want to nab it:

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Default Re: Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

Me: Hi Galaxy
    S: Which app do you want to open?
    Me: How are you?
    Me: What's the weather like?
    Me: Fine, open Maps.

Using the 4.0 version from the Dropbox, haha.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

S voice is the new Vlingo Beta btw. Just download that.
    waheedamini likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    S voice is the new Vlingo Beta btw. Just download that.
    Was it updated recently? I tried the Labs beta and it was...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Was it updated recently? I tried the Labs beta and it was...meh.
    I also tried it. It's got a long way to go

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Invest in Root Explorer. It's the best out there, IMO.
    I prefer ES file explorer. It has wifi transfer, FTP, bookmarks, picture viewer, and add-ons for task and security manager. Plus, it's free.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I prefer ES file explorer. It has wifi transfer, FTP, bookmarks, picture viewer, and add-ons for task and security manager. Plus, it's free.
    Another good one. I prefer Root Exp because it's so brutally easy. That and I paid for it, so might as well use it.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by craigrn16 View Post
    I also tried it. It's got a long way to go
    I believe S Voice was developed by Vlingo. They made something specific for the S3, but I do expect them to release a fully functioning version of the same archetecture on other android platforms. Their beta seems to prove that with how the design looks.

I installed the latest leaked S-Voice and I don't find anything remarkable about it over the standard Google Actions. It does have a more polished user interface, with robotic voice-prompts, and it can be activated from the lock screen (at expense of battery), but it seems to have the same accuracy rate as Google Actions, with a 6-7 more automated tasks pre-established (i.e. like Timer, Record Voice, Social Update, Schedule, etc).

But for the basic stuff like calling and texting contacts, texting, notes, open apps, it's the same. It still doesn't recognize my fiance's name (it's spelled weird) and it's not great at opening apps, both like the standard Google Voice Actions.

So what's all the hoopla about? Is it simply Samsung Marketing trying to promote this as the Siri counterpart?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    I installed the latest leaked S-Voice and I don't find anything remarkable about it over the standard Google Actions. It does have a more polished user interface, with robotic voice-prompts, and it can be activated from the lock screen (at expense of battery), but it seems to have the same accuracy rate as Google Actions, with a 6-7 more automated tasks pre-established (i.e. like Timer, Record Voice, Social Update, Schedule, etc).

But for the basic stuff like calling and texting contacts, texting, notes, open apps, it's the same. It still doesn't recognize my fiance's name (it's spelled weird) and it's not great at opening apps, both like the standard Google Voice Actions.

So what's all the hoopla about? Is it simply Samsung Marketing trying to promote this as the Siri counterpart?
    How did you get it to work from the lock screen?

Sorry, I got that info from the setup screens. I haven't attempted to try it on the Gnex, but I assume it would need an icon on the lock screen.

Very cool. I don't know who would upgrade to the GS3 from the Gnex. Yes the S-features are kind of cool but Samsung radios aren't that great and pentile is ok but I'll be opting for a Superlcd2 display like on the one x and evo lte.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Question: did it turn off the ICS Voice Typing for you guys as well? In the settings, it seemed to wipe out the voice typing option and also asks which you want to use for voice input, Google or S.

Seems to work a lot better. I asked it for my brother's address and it gave it to me.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Can someone who has it go into settings, Language and input and under Keyboard and Input Methods, see whether Google Voice Typing is still an option?

I still have Google Voice Typing set. Under Voice Recognizer it is set to Google but I can switch it to Samsung by Vlingo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Unhappy Re: Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

hi i have the smasung galaxy s2 ive tried to install it but it says that application is not installed ive tried a 100 times its not working :P by the way where can i find the miror link any help
    ??

I couldnt get s voice to work on t989 non rooted gs2 4.0.3 ics help please keep saying app not installed.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Imo lk

Of course I had to install this and try it. Since I've seen how bad Siri actually is on my nephews phone, I had really low expectations. Surprisingly, this worked quite well. Granted I only asked it to do about five different things, ie weather for tomorrow, schedule, navigating to a certain address, whats 2+4, and opening a few different apps. Each time it did what it was supposed to do the first time. I'm not sure how useful it'll be, but its pretty fun to play with.......for about an hour lol. I'm not sure how others got it to work from the lock screen but I just made one of my shortcuts the s-voice app. If someone else found a better way I'd be curious to know how.

Question Re: Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

Forgive my inexperience, please. I've downloaded the file to my computer and unzipped it. How do I install it on my Gnex? I can copy the files to the phone, but then. . .?? Thanx!

Disregard my question. Thanks to stimulatedboredom I downloaded the file from Dropbox directly to my phone. It's working fine.
    n0obpr0 likes this.

FYI, S-Voice is not Vlingo, Samsung's old voice recog software was Vlingo, but S-Voice uses the Wolfram database (the same database siri uses).
    Banned

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    maybe someone can help me....i am trying to find one of these things where i can say "remind me in an hour to take out the trash" or "remind me when i get home to XXXXXXX" and have it actually do that for me. its really the ONLY thing i really like about these programs.
    Sadly Android can't do these things. I have tried every siri copy app out there and none of them can do these simple things like siri does.
    Noble Holt likes this.

Unhappy Re: Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

Hi! I'm having a problem installing the apk. Please help! I'm using ES file explorer but I can't install the apk. It keep saying "Application Not Installed" Please Help!!! My Phone is Tmobile version of Samsung Galaxy S II (not rooted) and I have Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't know what's wrong! I tried to disable voice command and install the S Voice but it said " Application Not Installed" !!! Please help! Thank you^^ What should I do? I downloaded the Non-Rooted version of apk....... Help!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK-screenshot_2012-07-31-14-46-13.png  

Quote Originally Posted by boosee View Post
    I couldnt get s voice to work on t989 non rooted gs2 4.0.3 ics help please keep saying app not installed.
    me too! I'm using the same phone and I can't get it to install I need help!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK-screenshot_2012-07-31-14-46-13.png  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast