Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The version I am using works well. I have been playing with it for about 24 hours and it's everything I've heard advertised.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Me: Hi Galaxy
S: Which app do you want to open?
Me: How are you?
Me: What's the weather like?
Me: Fine, open Maps.

Using the 4.0 version from the Dropbox, haha.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I prefer ES file explorer. It has wifi transfer, FTP, bookmarks, picture viewer, and add-ons for task and security manager. Plus, it's free.

Another good one. I prefer Root Exp because it's so brutally easy. That and I paid for it, so might as well use it. :p

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I also tried it. It's got a long way to go

I believe S Voice was developed by Vlingo. They made something specific for the S3, but I do expect them to release a fully functioning version of the same archetecture on other android platforms. Their beta seems to prove that with how the design looks.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I installed the latest leaked S-Voice and I don't find anything remarkable about it over the standard Google Actions. It does have a more polished user interface, with robotic voice-prompts, and it can be activated from the lock screen (at expense of battery), but it seems to have the same accuracy rate as Google Actions, with a 6-7 more automated tasks pre-established (i.e. like Timer, Record Voice, Social Update, Schedule, etc).

But for the basic stuff like calling and texting contacts, texting, notes, open apps, it's the same. It still doesn't recognize my fiance's name (it's spelled weird) and it's not great at opening apps, both like the standard Google Voice Actions.

So what's all the hoopla about? Is it simply Samsung Marketing trying to promote this as the Siri counterpart?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed the latest leaked S-Voice and I don't find anything remarkable about it over the standard Google Actions. It does have a more polished user interface, with robotic voice-prompts, and it can be activated from the lock screen (at expense of battery), but it seems to have the same accuracy rate as Google Actions, with a 6-7 more automated tasks pre-established (i.e. like Timer, Record Voice, Social Update, Schedule, etc).

But for the basic stuff like calling and texting contacts, texting, notes, open apps, it's the same. It still doesn't recognize my fiance's name (it's spelled weird) and it's not great at opening apps, both like the standard Google Voice Actions.

So what's all the hoopla about? Is it simply Samsung Marketing trying to promote this as the Siri counterpart?

How did you get it to work from the lock screen?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I got that info from the setup screens. I haven't attempted to try it on the Gnex, but I assume it would need an icon on the lock screen.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Very cool. I don't know who would upgrade to the GS3 from the Gnex. Yes the S-features are kind of cool but Samsung radios aren't that great and pentile is ok but I'll be opting for a Superlcd2 display like on the one x and evo lte.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Question: did it turn off the ICS Voice Typing for you guys as well? In the settings, it seemed to wipe out the voice typing option and also asks which you want to use for voice input, Google or S.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone who has it go into settings, Language and input and under Keyboard and Input Methods, see whether Google Voice Typing is still an option?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia