Nexus is whacky after run in with baby

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem but from using a wet car charger. No way to fix it I got a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

enam69

May 25, 2012
Visit site
My seven month old got to my verizon nexus and some saliva was on the phone. Now the phone wont stay on standby (where the screen stays dark). I also notice the battery icon on top/right indicates the phone is charging when its not connected to a power source. The problems started a day ago and haven't gotten better.

The phone is not rooted and runs ICS 4.0.2.

I'm concerned my 2 month old phone is screwed up already and the problems will get worse.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Nofind

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Took mine in to be replaced at a Verizon store, but they wouldn't do it because I got it from amazonwireless. Don't know if they'd replace it for wirefly or not, but it'd at least be worth a shot. They can at least troubleshot it.

Tedium

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't give your $600 phone to a baby to play with. Problem solved.

I got mine from Wirefly and VZW exchanged it no questions asked, but if the moisture sensors are tripped you're going to have issues.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't give your $600 phone to a baby to play with. Problem solved.

I got mine from Wirefly and VZW exchanged it no questions asked, but if the moisture sensors are tripped you're going to have issues.

Problem not solved. Problem already happened. Future problem maybe avoided.

Tedium

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Problem not solved. Problem already happened. Future problem maybe avoided.

If you're old enough to buy a cell phone and sign a contract you shouldn't have to be told that, Jesus, what the hell is wrong with people.

If you want to give your $600 device to a baby, be prepared to pay the full price to replace it when the baby inevitably destroys it.

Submitting it as a warranty replacement is unethical.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Doubt he gave the phone to the baby and said here's your new pacifier. It does beg the question though, who is watching the baby where he or she can get to the phone and play with it long enough to destroy it with saliva. All without an adult noticing what is going on.

Anyway, I don't think anyone in the thread suggested doing anything shady. Just take it in and see if it can be fixed or if the problem is even related to what happened.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, for everyone knocking the op for allowing the baby to have it, it happens. Babies grab everything, they are curious creatures... Trust me, I'm a single father of a 3 & 5 yo...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, for everyone knocking the op for allowing the baby to have it, it happens. Babies grab everything, they are curious creatures... Trust me, I'm a single father of a 3 & 5 yo...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

I successfully avoided my child touching my phone until around 18 months. The problem now is you cannot keep anything out of a 2 year olds hands, especially something that lights up and they see you using all the time. If you don't have kids, you will never understand. As far as the commenter who made a statement to ethical behavior, I'm pretty sure Verizon has done an unethical thing or three thousand in its tenure as the largest domestic wireless provider, and it's going to hurt them a lot less than it is a new father. Go get yourself a warranty replacement bro, assuming the saliva didn't reach the wetness indicator by the battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
...i used to give my g1 to a 1 year old...

i let my two play with my phone all the time. if it breaks, i have insurance... and a back up phone on the way just in case....

the901

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My seven month old got to my verizon nexus and some saliva was on the phone. Now the phone wont stay on standby (where the screen stays dark). I also notice the battery icon on top/right indicates the phone is charging when its not connected to a power source. The problems started a day ago and haven't gotten better.

The phone is not rooted and runs ICS 4.0.2.

I'm concerned my 2 month old phone is screwed up already and the problems will get worse.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Don't have babies?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I successfully avoided my child touching my phone until around 18 months. The problem now is you cannot keep anything out of a 2 year olds hands, especially something that lights up and they see you using all the time. If you don't have kids, you will never understand. As far as the commenter who made a statement to ethical behavior, I'm pretty sure Verizon has done an unethical thing or three thousand in its tenure as the largest domestic wireless provider, and it's going to hurt them a lot less than it is a new father. Go get yourself a warranty replacement bro, assuming the saliva didn't reach the wetness indicator by the battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have given both my niece and nephew my old smartphones to play with. They still charge and light up which they like.

A third will more than likely be getting my Bionic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49