So, how do we get Samsung/Google to enable Bluetooth 4.0?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Write an open-source stack for it.
/thread
Actually, Jerry, is that the solution? Because some posts out there speculate that, yes, there's an API issue, but others state that its a driver or binaries issue. Which is it? And where does "an open-source stack" fall in that spectrum -- somewhere else? Can you help us get to the bottom of it?

One of the recent posts to the code.android thread linked to this github project -- is this a possible starting point? https://github.com/android-btle/framework

smwinn7

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So do we think that once the source code ofr 4.2 drops that this may be closer to happening as the Nexus 4 has BT4.0 (BLE) support.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So do we think that once the source code ofr 4.2 drops that this may be closer to happening as the Nexus 4 has BT4.0 (BLE) support.

Does it? In the code.android thread, several folks are commenting that 4.2 doesn't appear to have BLE either. Got a source?

smwinn7

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Does it? In the code.android thread, several folks are commenting that 4.2 doesn't appear to have BLE either. Got a source?

I think I may have jumped the gun on this, I thought I read somewhere that it had support but it appears that we still have no confirmation on this. Which is pretty lame, IMHO

richjlaw

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So this app is able to let me see my Bluetooth Smart Polar H7 heart-rate monitor on my Samsung Note 2 (& wife's S3), despite me not being able to see it via Bluetooth pairing:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tscanner&feature=search_result&token=t2pQ4429

So the Bluetooth 4.0/Smart is clearly enabled/possible on the Galaxy note2/S3 but the firmware/software just isn't there. Can anyone use this app to figure how to make it work?? (Samsung / Google - can you???)

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Here we are over a year later and still no support for BTLE. I bought a Mio Alpha heart rate monitor and it's a no-go with my S4. Anyone know when I'll finally be able to pair my Mio Alpha with my S4? Is there a work-around of some sort available?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante