Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Default Shortcut for checking running apps or processes?

I realize its probably silly or lazy but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a shortcut to see running apps instead of going to settings. 3 or 4 steps to check running apps is exhausting ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: Shortcut for checking running apps or processes?

It can be done with a 3rd party launcher... example, Nova Launcher... just long press on the homescreen to set a shortcut or activity.
    Thanked by:
    dmmarck likes this.

ROM
    JellyBeans

there is a shortcut settings widget built in ICS, you can set it for apps. still have to click running when open. but it will save you a click or two.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

I believe Watchdog also has a widget that does the same thing, FWIW.
    Thanked by:

Pull your notification bar down go to quick settings that's the task manager just check off what you want to shut down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

i used to use watchdog with my old LG, i'll have to try it's widget. i didnt even realize you could make a shortcut to "apps". thanks guys.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    It can be done with a 3rd party launcher... example, Nova Launcher... just long press on the homescreen to set a shortcut or activity.
    i may have to give in and change my launcher too. i've been so happy with the stock ICS launcher i havent thought about it much.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
    i may have to give in and change my launcher too. i've been so happy with the stock ICS launcher i havent thought about it much.
    I was likewise avoiding a launcher all this time, but recently purchased it so I could backup during upgrade on the wife's.

Shortcut to voice search, thank goodness. And then there is more. Worth it, imo. It's all just gravy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I have read this thread 2 times, & I still have no idea how to do this. What is watchdog I have installed two different watch dogs and I do not see any widget for this. Also I am on Android 4.4 which is not ICS I believe. Unfortunately my Android OS is taking about 40 percent of my battery life each day.. It is impossible to get more than about 7 hours in mixed use on a Moto X phone. I need the ability to kill these services without constantly having to dig through many sub menus. Do they not realize that these services resurrect themselves every couple hours?. It's ridiculous.