Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: 4.0.4 OTA has Arrived!

i installed prior to the OTA update. . .and based on the img from menelfloss. ..

My baseband version is
    I515.09 V.FC04 / I515.FC05

menelfloss has a baseband version of

I515.10 V.FC04 / I515.FC05

anyone else?
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
    trlovejoy likes this.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

Quote Originally Posted by KineticMD View Post
    Once I get this I'm rooting my phone. I'm done waiting for Verizon now.

Does this mean we'll finally start to see the 3 pin accessories in the states now that 4.0.4 is live?
    Accessories with the 3 pins are available in the Google play store

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

I haven't seen the update yet either. Tampa, FL. I have however, not even had reception all morning. I'm using wifi right now.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    i installed prior to the OTA update. . .and based on the img from menelfloss. ..

My baseband version is

anyone else?

Yep just noticed that mine is the same... Huh?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post

My baseband version is

anyone else?
    It's the same. the .9/.10 discrepancy is a hardware difference/revision. The radios are FC04 (CDMA) and FC05 (LTE).

Quote Originally Posted by kcrandall758 View Post

Wha? Totally jonesing for the ACTUAL car dock, and not the mount. Is that out there? Fits the LTE version? Gotta have it!

EDIT- https://play.google.com/store/device...2Nhcl9kb2NrIl0.

Says it only fits the HSPA+ version. Anyone tried it out for ours?

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid

Ahh good on ya dm!

Sent from my horizon gnex that now farts rainbows and jelly beans hopefully... get it...?

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid

And way to go Big Red a record setting 6 months *round of applause please*

Sent from my horizon gnex that now farts rainbows and jelly beans hopefully... get it...?

Quick question to refresh my memory.

Does unlock/rooted = no OTA?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by sslacker View Post
    Quick question to refresh my memory.

Does unlock/rooted = no OTA?
    Are you unlocked/rooted with the stock 4.0.2? Meaning no custom rom?

If so, you should be able to update. It'll unroot you, however.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The way they determine the upgrade order is not by location. It is pushed to the phones that have had the "check now" button pressed the least amount of times first. That is why the people who don't care about the upgrade get it first. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:
    MetalPhoenix79, mlf80 and tdi1985 like this.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I still havent received the most recent update yet... I know i can root and what not.. But seriously VZW?! How many Galaxy Nexus are actually sold and still in use? My guess is under 300,000 units nationwide. Why is it taking so long for the OTA roll out?! Its not like iPhones where they have millions in use... And Apple users practically get their updates asap.

Feels like VZW is rolling out OTAs for one phone at a time! At this rate, it'll be another 6 months before everyone gets their .4 update!
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by eugenetsang View Post
    I still havent received the most recent update yet... I know i can root and what not.. But seriously VZW?! How many Galaxy Nexus are actually sold and still in use? My guess is under 300,000 units nationwide. Why is it taking so long for the OTA roll out?! Its not like iPhones where they have millions in use... And Apple users practically get their updates asap.

Feels like VZW is rolling out OTAs for one phone at a time! At this rate, it'll be another 6 months before everyone gets their .4 update!
    I would be shocked if the number is that low.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

you don't think? Because, All the times i've stopped by VZW, Mostly everyone are using iphones or other android devices. Less is the case for Galaxy Nexus'. Even the one time i had to return my nexus bc it wasnt faulty, the tech said to me it was the most returned phone.. I should opt for something else... But i stuck by it bc its a phone that not a lot of ppl use.. and more so, it has the latest OS...

Even around my group of friends... Out of 30 phone owners, i am the only one that has the nexus. Majority have iPhones. and other forms of android.

I am curious to know how many nexus' were actually sold.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Nothing in Cleveland, but I just got this thing yesterday so I can be a bit patient.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by eugenetsang View Post
    you don't think? Because, All the times i've stopped by VZW, Mostly everyone are using iphones or other android devices. Less is the case for Galaxy Nexus'. Even the one time i had to return my nexus bc it wasnt faulty, the tech said to me it was the most returned phone.. I should opt for something else... But i stuck by it bc its a phone that not a lot of ppl use.. and more so, it has the latest OS...

Even around my group of friends... Out of 30 phone owners, i am the only one that has the nexus. Majority have iPhones. and other forms of android.

I am curious to know how many nexus' were actually sold.
    Well don't forget the amount of online orders, phone orders, etc. This thing sold like gangbusters in its first 2 months.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

I haven't seen the update yet either. Tampa, FL. I have however, not even had reception all morning. I'm using wifi right now.

I'm in Sarasota and I have it. It doesn't matter where you live.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Just something interesting. I had the 4.0.4 update installed but this morning for s and giggles and mostly just to see it done I flashed back to stock with Wug's and relocked. I'll see if I get the OTA. If not I'll just unlock and flash back. But while I'm in the old version with some familularty with .4 there are some interesting differences. Right in 4g with the phone in the exact same place and everything I'm now getting -95db where with .4 before I flashed back to .2 I was reading -84db signal strength. Don't know if that's due to them doing a bar remap or if it is the old drivers not being as good.

Also another interesting thing is with .4 in 4G mode I would get an IPv6 address. Right now in 4G with the .2 stock installed I am showing an IPv4 address. Right now while looking at it I realize it's the IP that I was given by my Wi-Fi router even though I currently have the Wi-Fi radio turned off. In .4 when I switched back and forth between Wi-Fi and 4G it would display an IPv6 address when on 4G

So I just restarted the phone and it started up running on 4G and displays IP Address as Unavailable and the Wi-Fi MAC the same. I think it's interesting that .4 with display and update your status with your IPv6 information on 4G. Haven't seen that feature mentioned anywhere.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by McSlappy View Post
    Just something interesting. I had the 4.0.4 update installed but this morning for s and giggles and mostly just to see it done I flashed back to stock with Wug's and relocked. I'll see if I get the OTA. If not I'll just unlock and flash back. But while I'm in the old version with some familularty with .4 there are some interesting differences. Right in 4g with the phone in the exact same place and everything I'm now getting -95db where with .4 before I flashed back to .2 I was reading -84db signal strength. Don't know if that's due to them doing a bar remap or if it is the old drivers not being as good.

Also another interesting thing is with .4 in 4G mode I would get an IPv6 address. Right now in 4G with the .2 stock installed I am showing an IPv4 address. Right now while looking at it I realize it's the IP that I was given by my Wi-Fi router even though I currently have the Wi-Fi radio turned off. In .4 when I switched back and forth between Wi-Fi and 4G it would display an IPv6 address when on 4G
    Question - did you like the .4 multi-tasking better? Apparently the thumbnails are bigger and it's more webOSy. I'm looking forward to that...

Nothing in Baltimore,MD. This feels like having my Fascinate all over accept I had the docks that would work on 2.1 had to root and put Froyo on.

Sent

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

https://play.google.com/store/device...GVza19kb2NrIl0

it says HSPA+ models only. I am devastated. why no love on the VZW G nex dock???

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by agalvin13 View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/device...GVza19kb2NrIl0

it says HSPA+ models only. I am devastated. why no love on the VZW G nex dock???

They are only selling accessories for the version of the GNex they sell in the Play store, which is the HSPA+ version

Confirming no apparent change to the thumbnails... :-(

Matt

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.0.4 OTA has Arrived!-uploadfromtaptalk1338487390006.jpg  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Question - did you like the .4 multi-tasking better? Apparently the thumbnails are bigger and it's more webOSy. I'm looking forward to that...
    Honestly until you mentioned it I never even really noticed. Thinking back yeah I think the preview icons were bigger in .4. I've got bad vision so I'm less of visual person and don't notice a lot of those details. Trying to deal with recovery with a anti fingerprint screen protector was hell.

As far as the multitasking goes I never really had a problem. I know there was some drama about how the phones do multi tasking but I've never really had much of an issue with it, it just works, at least with how I use apps. Sorry don't know if that really helped answer your question.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by McSlappy View Post
    Honestly until you mentioned it I never even really noticed. Thinking back yeah I think the preview icons were bigger in .4. I've got bad vision so I'm less of visual person and don't notice a lot of those details. Trying to deal with recovery with a anti fingerprint screen protector was hell.

As far as the multitasking goes I never really had a problem. I know there was some drama about how the phones do multi tasking but I've never really had much of an issue with it, it just works, at least with how I use apps. Sorry don't know if that really helped answer your question.
    You should try the TWRP recovery. I have fat, calloused fingers from years of guitar playing so it's a bit easier to hit a big ole button than it is a single line of text.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast