| || |
Re: 4.0.4 OTA Changes?
I haven't noticed much difference with the radios, BUT - I'm on Wi-Fi most of the day, and I keep my phone in 3G in an area with good coverage unless I'm doing something that requires 4G, because I prize battery life over connection speed most of the time. That said, what I've noticed:
1) Much quicker response when launching the multi-task interface, and better scrolling within it.
2) Somewhat quicker rotation when the stock keyboard is in use (still a tad slow, but much improved).
3) My favorite feature - I can now use live wallpapers without getting lag - prior to this almost all live wallpapers would lead to lag in basic UI functions (it wasn't a lot of lag, but I'm picky).
4) As others have noticed, the Android OS now uses very little of the battery when you look at battery usage - I haven't had it long enough to comment on actual battery gains, but this has to be a positive thing.
5) In general the device feels a bit smoother and faster; I can't measure it so I can't rule out some sort of observation bias, but I'd note that I'm now using with a live wallpaper (wasn't before) and it still seems smoother and faster, albeit subtly.
Edit: You guys talking about changes in camera loudness (either up or down) - you DO realize that you can control that with the volume rocker, right?