Who else is getting much better battery life with the new OTA?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Before the update I would get around two hours of screen time on stock battery but now I'm at 55% with a little over an hour and a half of screen time. I'm pleases so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

politjunkie

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: Who else is getting much better battery life with the new OTA

I know there are threads here that talk about what is new in 4.0.4 but im not finding them with the search. Anyone have a link?

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

too early to tell pertaining to battery life. wifi signal does not seem as strong as it used to be...

give me a week and i will have a better idea.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Battery life seems to have improved initially. Really too early to tell, though.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It has improved for me based on simple idle time comparison before and after update.

--Sent From Transformer Prime

bidoof01

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's just me but battery life has improved by like 200%. Being idle barely drains it.

tallboarder

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

After last night's 4.0.4 OTA update, today after 11h 31m 3s on battery I'm at 34% discharging. It seems to have improved after the update, but this is just my first post-update experience. I will monitor it a few more days before I give the final verdict.

JADaBooey

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

My battery life appears to have improved by about 300% - 400%. I know it's been less than a day, but I've been having battery issues for a couple of months so I've been monitoring battery useage very closely. (Simply by swiping two fingers down, thanks to Nova Launcher Prime Gestures.) Google+ was a big part of the problem- I had to disable it just to get 8 hours without a charge. The update re-enabled it & now instead of being at the top of the usage list, it's at the bottom, 2%. I noticed this last night & left my phone unpluged to see what would happen. Right now my battery is at 66% after 14 hours & 20 minutes. That would equal 43 hours without a charge at current usage! Even though my real daily usage will be more, it looks like I'll be able to go to work all day without charging & still come home with 50% - 75% battery left, like a normal phone. I have an iPhone for work (love the hardware, hate the software, hate AT&T) & it always has 60% - 70% left at the end of the day. Time will tell, but so far I definitely like 4.04.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

too early to tell pertaining to battery life. wifi signal does not seem as strong as it used to be...

give me a week and i will have a better idea.

This. Its way too soon to tell.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Any "results" within a few hours of updating is not very useful. I'm old Blackberry user, I noticed every time a new update came out people would post phone was faster, battery life better and world hunger being resolved. Then within a week or so it was back to the usual complaining about slowness, battery life sucked and world was now hungrier. Can only tell after you run for a week or so to get it comparable to how you typically use your phone.

ssummer

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

After 4.0.4 I was getting much worse battery life then looked at the battery usage stats and for some reason the Jango and Cloudon apps were responsible for approx. 70% of the battery life combined (they don't even show up in Autorun Manager and I haven't even run them in weeks).

Uninstalled both apps and now battery life is back to normal.

zhallman

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed increased battery life while the phone is idle but no difference really while actually using it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed increased battery life while the phone is idle but no difference really while actually using it

Same here.

"Android OS" was the culprit on the stat list... always used to be the top or second-most consuming process... now it's near the very bottom of the list. I noticed it would drain the battery regardless of whether it was in use or idle. The fact that my idle battery life has improved seems to confirm this.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site

All of these random and anecdotal observation is really useless. I wish someone would carry around two Verizon Galaxy Nexii, one on 4.02 and one on 4.04 and use them identically, tracking battery life, signal strength, OS performance, etc, and then report back with a comparison.

That's really the only way to know.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I was at 25% after 29 hours. Yeah, that's anecdotal but that never happened before. Not even close.

subtex

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site

I wish someone would carry around two Verizon Galaxy Nexii, one on 4.02 and one on 4.04 and use them identically, tracking battery life, signal strength, OS performance, etc, and then report back with a comparison.

or if someone could just not charge their phone and report what the "Time on" value is in the Screen details for Battery usage in the settings.

GSM units average 3 hrs. I'd like to know what the Verizon GN got on 4.0.2 and now 4.0.4

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

well when i first got my phone the damn thing died from full battery when i was sleeping :confused: Idle ate up like 90% of the battery. then got the update the next say and now get 8-10+ hours depending if im runing 3g or 4g

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had the time to check to see what maybe running in the background that I can switch off yet. But, my battery life has decreased since the OTA. It also takes longer to charge the battery too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance