What's the difference between the new update and a aokp

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I understand vzw finally released the update but I won't get it as I'm on axion rom. I know they will soon build roms off this update but what am I missing now? PS yes I searched and the update doesn't seem to be a huge in features from what I gather

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So far as I can tell, not running AOKP but custom and likely the same base, I think we are missing out on device specific issues only. That might be significant if there are actual bug fixes for VZ. The radios for sure, but you likely took care of that already when this leaked out.

I am looking forward to the changes being merged into the custom ROMs. I think it is then that we will likely learn for sure what is new, and explained at least a little in a change log. An actual change log! :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand vzw finally released the update but I won't get it as I'm on axion rom. I know they will soon build roms off this update but what am I missing now? PS yes I searched and the update doesn't seem to be a huge in features from what I gather

I know the new update has a different multi-tasking setup, or at least a different multi-tasking UI.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Cool thx for the replies. Doesn't look like we r missing much . Aokp works well but that s3 is very enticing

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Cool thx for the replies. Doesn't look like we r missing much . Aokp works well but that s3 is very enticing

I agree. I'd rather wait for an IMM76K incorporated rom. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Meh.. AOKP is rightfully based on aosp source. 4.0.4 has been the base for a long time now and I don't see any need for them to stress incorporating Verizon's changes, lol.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Meh.. AOKP is rightfully based on aosp source. 4.0.4 has been the base for a long time now and I don't see any need for them to stress incorporating Verizon's changes, lol.

Webos multitasking rules dawg

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes its all ready there and as mentioned this 4.0.4 only thing different vzw apps and radio.
Webos multitasking rules dawg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos