Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 4.0.4 battery life

I guess you will find out soon.

Or you could just look at one of the 20 other battery threads.

Absolutely better battery, 3g/4g changeover and definately more bars. Used to only get 1-2 bars now get full bars

Well it seems that battery has improved noticeably. At least Android OS is not at the top of the list anymore of what is killing the battery. More bars is something else and can be just an app and not actually an accurate display of signal strength.
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.

My battery life increase dramatically.. Amen to that.

Sent from the great city of Rockford Illinois-not

My battery completely drained over night after the 4.0.4 update, maybe the battery needs to calibrate to the OS update? If not Verizon is going to hate dealing with me. Before the update I never had this problem. Any thoughts?

I had the same thing happen as SJD, my battery life has definitely gotten worse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by sjd2246 View Post
    My battery completely drained over night after the 4.0.4 update, maybe the battery needs to calibrate to the OS update? If not Verizon is going to hate dealing with me. Before the update I never had this problem. Any thoughts?
    This same thing happened to me last night. It said the screen was the cause of the drain.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Really do not see any improvement in battery life... Wifi reception performance was better on 4.0.2, especially with checking the DBM.

In fact I think google intentionaly lowered
    the wifi signal to improve battery life. Could be wrong, but on 4.0.2 DBM count displayed a better signal, which in turn lead to faster browsing, etc...

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xyzlene View Post
    Really do not see any improvement in battery life... Wifi reception performance was better on 4.0.2, especially with checking the DBM.

In fact I think google intentionaly lowered
    the wifi signal to improve battery life. Could be wrong, but on 4.0.2 DBM count displayed a better signal, which in turn lead to faster browsing, etc...
    My wifi experience is completely different. Where I work we have several access points throughout the building. in .2 when I walk straight from one end of the building to the other the wifi could not switch fast enough to give me service. It would loose it's current signal and stay there till I was on the other side of the building still and then would pickup the network again. In .4 it picks up the access points in the middle along the way. I have gtalk messages while in transit so I know it really is getting network access.

ive had the update for 24 hrs now....i think theres improvement w battery life...i wont really know until mid week after normal usage. but i def feel like its not being drained as fast

My battery life has took a nose dive from 4.0.2. I had the screen on for 1.5 hours, it was responsable for 65% of the drain and I only had 4% left. I was just using the web browser and weatherbug.

On 4.0.2, I could at least get 3 hours with the screen on. Stock Battery.

As for the 4g signal, I think the signal bars were adjusted to match other phones. Not an increase in signal. I have the same db as before, but 4 bars instead of 2-3.

I have screen shots of the signal meter from before and after if anyone would like to see them.
    Last edited by duke69111; 06-04-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    BB Convert

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

I'm seeing significantly better battery life on my first full day of 4.04.

I am using the phone as heavily as I normally do and at this point in the day, I'm usually down to about 20%.

As of right now, I'm at 5 hours on battery, with 1.5 hours of screen on, and I still have 40% left!

I know that's not great still, but for my usage, it's awesome. I'm pumped.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

It might be too early to tell, but I would have to say it improved albeit slightly. I had a little over 8 hours with light to moderate use before it hit 15% remaining. I get much better life on wireless. I am still envious of those whose battery life blows mine away. Honest question, what should be expected from this phone with moderate use on Verizon's network? I can't help but think that I should be getting more life, but maybe it's just not in the cards.

The 4.0.4 update significantly reduced my Droid Maxx battery life. The phone is now dead at the end of the day and prior to the update would be about 50%. This has to be really impacting the Droid X folks that downloaded the update.

Slightly improved. Not much of a difference. Overall, it's pretty good.

I'm waiting on getting a new extended battery for it until 4.1 comes out so it's trained on that version (if it makes a difference at all). And nothing helps battery life like getting an N7. Since I can't put the N7 down, I haven't used the GNex as much.

Quote Originally Posted by richruth55 View Post
    This has to be really impacting the Droid X folks that downloaded the update.
    As much as I wish this could be the case for my good old DX, I do believe you mean Droid X2.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Version 4.0.4 has improved my battery life so much that I no longer look at the battery indicator during the day. I don't even think about it. I always keep a spare battery in my pocket but haven't used it since 4.0.4 came out.

Why is it that some people have worse, some have seen no change, and some like me have much better battery life with this upgrade? How can the experiences be so different?
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)