4.0.4 Wifi signal strength?

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

The only major flaw I have noticed is a reduced signal in wifi after receiving 4.0.4 ... Anyone else come across this dilemma?

To play it safe I wiped the cache along with a factory reset. On the average I have lost about 10 dBM...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

eturk

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to the new radios. It's not just that WiFi signal is down, the ping can be over 1000ms and download down to dialup speed. it's terrible.:mad:

Have you tested WiFi speed with Speedtest.net app?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I received the update this morning. I haven't been out and about on the town to try Wifi but there is no difference at home.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine was a gut feel not with an app, but I am getting what I think is the same speed with the same number of bars in the house, so I am satisfied with that at this point. As long as I am satisfied I am good with that.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing the same wifi signal strength after getting 4.04. I am also seeing the same quick connection to a known access points.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

eturk

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Would be great to have folks actually run SpeedTest.net app on the phone. gives real numbers. speeds may seem the same on small screen but they should have close to the same numbers as on a PC (good to compare.)

GNex has great Wifi and can be as fast as a PC where older phones were quite slow.

Thanks for testing!

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe I have the same radios as the OTA. Not going to flash another ROM until the next milestone. Either way they're awesome. I've never tested wifi before but I know I've gotten much better LTE speeds...as far as this app goes anyway...before this morning. It's wicked fast all around. Nothing to complain about.

Xandor

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just did a test, but I manually updated last week instead of waiting for Verizon

a6f980a4-d1b0-92d2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci