Help!! Nexus went dim as hell

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, nexus was going good with no problems and I swapped batteries and bam! Screen is too damn dim, unusable outside even in shade and I can barely manage inside my house. I've tried adusting brightness slider,rebooting, swapping batteries to no avail. I recently switched to aokp milestone 5 but that was days ago. Hopefully this screenshot does it justice in showing you how dim it is. Trust me its dim.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not very experienced in rooting/roms but my only suggestion would be to re-flash milestone 5 or try a different one.

nohbody

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
It looks fine in the pictures to me but I had a similar problem yesterday. This may not be the same issue you are having.

My battery died while I was driving so I charged it a while when I got home. When I powered it up, the Google logo and boot screen were at normal brightness but as soon as the lock screen loaded, it would go super dark, almost like the backlight was out. Managed to get to the brightness setting but it was still really dark. Turned out to be a setting for color multipliers in the Franco Kernel Updater app that I use. All of the sliders under this setting were maxed out. Changing each of them back to the defaults listed in the app fixed the problem. Not sure why the settings changed themselves though.

As I said, this may not be the same issue since I'm running Gummy and using the Franco app. If you aren't, you may want to look around in whatever you use for your kernel settings.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Gonna check that now...reflashed milestone 5 and everything's back to normal, then I update Franco kernal and bam, force close and reboot and back to dark. Gonna check color multiplier settings and report back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2