Best Music Player App?

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just recently got a Galaxy Nexus, and am coming from the HTC Rezound. I really liked the stock music player on the rezound. The nexus I have has Patient Zero M3 ROM on it, and the only music player it has is the google play music player on it. Are there any better options for music players out there? I know I could probably go to the app store and start downloading different ones, but I would like to see what people recommend since the reviews on the apps themselves are generally worthless.

Thanks in advance.

clicq0

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I like Rocket Player myself. Fairly clean interface, fully functional free version (no ads!), pretty much does everything I need it to. It probably doesn't have all the bells and whistles of power amp, but I don't feel like Rocket Player is missing features I need.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it streams never tried but for 1 I have a lot of music and power amp puts all the artist songs together in a folder instead of looking through each album witch is the winner for me

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I like PowerAmp. I was using WinAmp for a while also. It's not bad, but had a few bugs I didn't care for. I'm constantly searching for the next best thing, but PowerAmp seems to be the best as of now.

Back in my WinMo 6.X days, I used PocketPlayer, and I've still yet to see anything as good as that. It would remember where I left off on ALL TRACKS, so I could skip between podcasts and resume from each one. I've yet to see any android player do this.

Unitedstreets

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Google Play Music. I have my music wherever I go. Save a lot of memory too. I got lots of music and play lists so it helps out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
im not sure how picky you are and what features you want specifically but im going to give you a breakdown of the same exact dilemma i had because i downloaded every music playing app from the store (and didnt want to pay $5 to have my phone play my music):

1. google play sucked before, but with the new update its become a little better. its a little easier on the eyes and not as confusing as it was before. the main features i was looking for was to click shuffle all and leave it at that and the feature of pausing a song and coming back later to press play where it left off, also having locked screen options. i would recommend this app for sure now

2. cloudskipper. this couldve been the best music player for android EVER but the developers arent as into it to try. you click shuffle all and youre done for the day (theres a bug that it turns it off randomly) it plays where you left off EVERY TIME. (the reason this is so big for me is becauase i download concerts and dj sets, so when im an hour into it, i need it to play where i left off) the locked screen controls are awesome bc it has a lot of cool features. i would def suggest you try it and maybe youll love it more than google play.

3. poweramp is good for as long as the trial lasts which is like a month or so. this has an awesome feature that the others dont; when you plug in your headsets, it plays off where you left off! :cool:

4. everything else sucks. either slow or just crappy compared to the ones i listed.

thats my opinion and i hope it helped :)

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It's been awhile since I looked at any others because I get everything I want/need out of Player Pro. It's a phenomenal program. The UI is so clean and crisp. Browsing by Album, Artist and even genre looks so good. Even the background while a song plays pulls up artist images.

I love the available options when you long press on a song. You can view/save lyrics for easily, view album details, manage artwork using saved pix or pulling it in from the web.

It has crossfade, EQ, Gapless playback, smart playlist creation, very good tag editing capabilities, sleep timer, several "rating" system options like isyncr (which is itunes), mediamonkey, winamp and WMP.

You have the ability to pull in music stats from itunes or other external libraries.

You can browse by folder.

Ability to install/change skins

Has lockscreen widget

Bottomline: It is the most fully customizable player I've ever used.

I know that Poweramp and others have many of these same options, but I've never found another player that has all of these and sounds really really good.