Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Any way to hide albums in the gallery?

As far as I can tell, my EVO Design doesn't have "File Manager" as part of its software. Since no one can have access to directly look at or search folders on the phone itself, I was able to use the ".folder' method from my PC. Those folders do not appear in my gallery at all, and no one can access them to view what they contain.

Of course, the only problem is that I need a PC to view, add, or delete folder contents, or to reset the folder so that I can view them on the phone. Not convenient for doing things on the go.

If Quickpic has a way to hide/unhide, view, add, and change folders and content directly on the phone, then I'll take a look at it. By not having a File Manager capability direclty on the phone, the files should still not be searchable.

Also, if I use Quckpic, can I switch between it and my default gallery for things that I want to view, or does it replace the degault gallery?
    Last edited by droidscape; 06-12-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Question added.

So I put a "." in front of a folder name to try to hide it from the gallery... Now I can't find it at all!!! Any way to get it back? Pretty lame device if you can't even control what gets displayed.....

Oh, and by "can't find it at all" I'm referring to the entire folder!
    Rosalie Duryee likes this.

I use this app. Pulls pictures or videos from any view. Passworded to open the hidden folder. Folder is disguised as a viewer app.

Last edited by yosteve; 11-23-2012 at 12:30 PM.

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask but I couldn't find any where else . . . I would save photos from facebook/tumblr and they would save into an album titled facebook or tumblr . . . idk what I accidentally did to hide them but I can't seem to retrieve them. Is there a possibility I accidentally deleted those folders? I saw something about hitting reset in camera settings and I attempted to save a photo from tumblr and it saved to the tumblr folder but none of the older ones were in there. :/

ANybody reading this far, why didn't you just install Quickpic already? The basic MURDERS "Gallery" and the Pro is like totally configurable. Spend a dollah!

I made an album titled ".name" and it did hide, but now I am wondering how you find it again. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie Duryee View Post
    I made an album titled ".name" and it did hide, but now I am wondering how you find it again. Help?
    I find a file explorer app pretty handy.

Being able to move around the file system independently is a must for me.

i know this thread is old as hell and i hate to raise it but this problem still plagues androids even up to kitkat. most people do not want to download an app. some of us like to keep things simple. to fix this just RENAME MUSIC FILE TO MEDIA. restart phone and media scanner will take a few minutes but all album art will disappear from gallery.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12