Any way to hide albums in the gallery?

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So I use the UCCW custom clock widget, and the skins used to make a clock use .png files and such. Now my gallery made up a bunch of albums from the folders containing those picture files, and now my gallery is all cluttered. Is there any way to hide those albums from the gallery so I can unclutter it?

Thanks!

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
U can download an app to hide folders

Last time I check putin a "." A the start of the name would hide it. Now I'm not sure if this would have effect on the apps u have using the img

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use background images in go SMS.
I've always used the "." method. When I use that method for the background images go sms can't find them.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have always used this method for hiding media files:

1. Create a blank text file
2. Name it .nomedia - you have to have be able to see extensions in your operating system so you can remove the .txt extension.
3. Place a copy of the file in any folder that has images in it that you don't want to see in the Gallery.
I personally keep a copy of this file on my Dropbox folder so I can copy it any time I need it. I believe that this will also hide audio files from apps as well.

You can download the file from my dropbox if you wish ...
.nomedia file download

Reactions: elbaso

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the're is a setting on the stocks app to hide albums. Just open gallery the dots ( menue )show/ hide albums..

sent from my Evo4LTE

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Quickpic is the answer unless you want to have Picasa albums shown. The problem with .nomedia text files, is that it addition to hiding the album covers, it hides the music too :). Wish the nomedia files were editable to allow extensions that were in the file for example. Ah well.

Quickpic is better in all respects, except for the Picasa thing.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
LOVE super vault in the app list and drawer it's called gallery, when you open it, it takes you to the regular picture gallery. Open the vault and you'll find all your vaulted photos, movies, files and I think texts.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get rid of or hide the picasa albums at least from the gallery??

If you turn off photo sync in ACCOUNTS-SYNC it might. That is actually the reason I use the Gallery instead of Quickpic... so I CAN see them. Try out Quickpic... you will not be disappointed.

NoOneHereYet

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So I use the UCCW custom clock widget, and the skins used to make a clock use .png files and such. Now my gallery made up a bunch of albums from the folders containing those picture files, and now my gallery is all cluttered. Is there any way to hide those albums from the gallery so I can unclutter it?

Thanks!

To make a folder hidden simply put a period in front of it... for example : /folder make it /.folder