on leaked IMM30b get OTA IMM75k?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on the leaked IMM30b received IMM75k OTA?

I am unlocked but no rooted. I used fastboot to get the leaked IMM30b when it leaked out a couple months back. I haven't received the OTA yet and was just wondering if anyone else on IMM30B has received the OTA.

I tried the "3 click" to force the update several times with no success.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on the leaked IMM30b received IMM75k OTA?

I am unlocked but no rooted. I used fastboot to get the leaked IMM30b when it leaked out a couple months back. I haven't received the OTA yet and was just wondering if anyone else on IMM30B has received the OTA.

I tried the "3 click" to force the update several times with no success.

You need to go back to stock 4.0.2. You can either install manually (which means you need to unlock and flash over CWM recovery) or wait for the OTA (which means you must stay completely stock, 4.0.2, recovery and all).

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info
I will try to manually update this week if I have time.

If I decide to go back to 4.0.2, what would be the best route? I tried using Wugs back when I did the IMM30b but I could not get the drivers to work on my PC no matter what I tried, that is why I used fastboot instead (using instructions from the Android Central blog)

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can download the full update from the link that driod-life posted.
I installed this directly over IMM30B and it worked great.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/31/download-full-android-4-0-4-imm76k-build-for-galaxy-nexus-flash-over-any-rom/

The post says its for rooted users. I am not rooted. I am also a noob (trying to learn what I can in my spare time). Can this be done through Fastboot? I used fastboot to get IMM30b and it was fairly easy but that was months ago and I do not recall all the steps.

Thanks for the help.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just an update,

Used the Gnex toolkit from XDA to go back to 4.0.2. It wiped my phone but I was expecting that. As soon as it was done rebooting the notification popped up for the update.

Phone feels like it is running a little faster but I am still loosing all data. it is not as frequent (it seems) but still not fixed.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just an update,

Used the Gnex toolkit from XDA to go back to 4.0.2. It wiped my phone but I was expecting that. As soon as it was done rebooting the notification popped up for the update.

Phone feels like it is running a little faster but I am still loosing all data. it is not as frequent (it seems) but still not fixed.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's more of a hardware issue than anything. But I'm glad it worked, enjoy!