Would you buy your Nexus again?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Kinda sad when people think more sells = better quality.

I personally hate the iPhone and Apple products. I have never owned one and never will, but I have used the iPhone and I will say it works a lot better than my Nexus has. Also, the Nexus feels like a cheaply made toy compare to the new iphone. Apple loves to say Samsung is copying them, I personally wish Samsung would copy Apple's build quality and materials. The use of cheap plastic on everything Samsung makes has gotten old.

It's not just me that thinks that, it's the consumers that bought more Razrs than iPhones. And I think it's kind of sad that you hate Apple products. They make decent stuff and whether you like it or not, we wouldn't be enjoying the success of our beloved Android devices if Apple didn't get the ball rolling with the iPhone.

And I'm so tired of the "Samsung is cheap and plastic". That's what has got old.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I may not necessarily buy this phone all over again, but there's no way, I'd have bought the Rezound or Maxx if I had to do it over again.

I agree Samsung and vzw is aware of the issues with the phone but they think its ok for people to pay for a service and can not use their phone. :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you see all the apple refreshes, they're just so cutting edge. And everyone has to catch up. I wonder what their phone will become

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not just me that thinks that, it's the consumers that bought more Razrs than iPhones. And I think it's kind of sad that you hate Apple products. They make decent stuff and whether you like it or not, we wouldn't be enjoying the success of our beloved Android devices if Apple didn't get the ball rolling with the iPhone.

And I'm so tired of the "Samsung is cheap and plastic". That's what has got old.

So if more conusmers bought a turd on a stick than a Galaxy Nexus you would also think the turd on a stick was the higher quality product? Lol yeah that makes sense.

No matter which way you cut it sales figures don't mean jack about quality. Price doesn't either.

Also, I thank RIM and their BlackBerry for the creation of Android. Android was created to copy BlackBerry. It was only later that it went full tilt in the opposite direction.

Lastly. If Samsung doesn't use cheap plastic than what do they use? Polycarbonate plastic? Exquisite plastic? Or high quality plastic? Maybe its luxurious plastic. Lol at the end its always plastic. Lol plastic is cheap. Don't matter what comes before it.

Last edited:

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I love love love this phone! Of course, I came from sprint and an evo 3d so actually being able to use the network is a plus. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Only reason I went with nexus is because IPhone didn't have a screen size comparable to nexus. After owning a nexus and an iPhone I could feel and see the head above shoulders quality of the iPhone. Open source? Not locked down? Blah, blah, blah. IPhone is far superior in all aspects. Now the Nexus I will say fit the bill but not blown away, its just like any other Droid device with lag. It was kind of like having in and out burger for the first time when first purchasing the iphone. Wow :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

In and out isn't that great

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No because of constant signal issues.
I want to love this phone and do, but at times it's a glorified ipod touch.....I would have hung onto my DINC, actually still have it and would have waited longer. I wanted the rezound but it was more of the same and I wanted different and went with samsung.
The signal has gotten worse the past two weeks for me.

#bummed.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I would. Had mine since day one. I had none of the issues others described. Recently rooted and rom'd it (about 3 weeks ago, because I can!), now running CM9, and am even happier, all working GREAT.

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would. Had mine since day one. I had none of the issues others described. Recently rooted and rom'd it (about 3 weeks ago, because I can!), now running CM9, and am even happier, all working GREAT.

So you went months before rooting it? What tipped the scales for you to do that?

I hope to leave it plain vanilla but I'm wondering if some key fundamentals are only addressed by running an alternate ROM.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would not buy this phone again, but wanted to love it so badly. I loved my fascinate. To replace it (stolen) I waited for this phone.
1) Dropped data all the time.
2) screen scratches SO easily.
3) screen color inconsistency and manufacturing problems - just ask me, I've owned 5.
4) the camera is, truly, poor quality for what Samsung and Google could have done.

So, I wouldn't do it all over again. I would have waited to see reviews before I purchased. I'm RARELY an early adopter - and this time, I got burned.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would not buy this phone again, but wanted to love it so badly. I loved my fascinate. To replace it (stolen) I waited for this phone.
1) Dropped data all the time.
2) screen scratches SO easily.
3) screen color inconsistency and manufacturing problems - just ask me, I've owned 5.
4) the camera is, truly, poor quality for what Samsung and Google could have done.

So, I wouldn't do it all over again. I would have waited to see reviews before purchased. I'm RARELY an early adopter - and this time, I got burned.

I bought the phone after reading many reviews that named it the best android out there so even if you had waited and did the research you'd be right where i am. Loving the display and ics but the data is so inconsistent even when I'm in a stong 4g area it will hand off to a slow ass 3g connection. I don't have mic issues thank god but my display has a couple of dead pixels. I want to love this phone but I need something with decent battery life and stronger radios.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What do we want our phones to do? I'm at home typing this into my desktop computer. My cleaning lady inadvertently unplugged my DSL so I just jacked my GNex into the USB port with PDAnet and got a hookup. At the same time I'm watching the U.S. Open live feed on the GNex. (I could probably do it on my desktop but I want the screen to convince myself I'm working.) The Open audio is jacked into my surround system so it's crystal clear.

I can also answer the phone if it rings.

What more would I want?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze