Gnex or gs3?

Gnex or Gs3

• Total voters

Recker

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Get the GS3. I am on my fourth GNex and it is completely unreliable. Now that it has been updated to 4.0.4 it is even worse.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's quite a compliment to the gnex that's been out for 7 months to compare to the GS3. It's well deserved though. I find the GS3 very underwhelming compared to a proper gnex. If I didn't have a gnex...as in looking to upgrade soon...of course I'd consider the GS3 and it'd probably come down to price. As it is though, I see the GS3 and YAWN. Going to need to have holograms and go to work for me to impress me after all the crazy stuff my gnex can do:cool: We'll see in a year or two.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I like the larger screen of the SG3 and the pop up play app.
I have a similar app on my Nexus and it's pretty cool.

Given all of the problems some have experienced with the Nexus, I would wait for feedback on the SG3 before making a decision.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the SG3 come loaded with Touch Whiz? That's reason enough to stay away. And, yes I know he could root, but not everyone likes to do that

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
At this point get the GS3 the Nexus is a great phone though. I've never had random reboots, bad signal, freezing and whatever else some of the people on here complain about. Its a great phone but if I didn't have either right now get the GS3, it has better specs and hardware. You just gotta deal with touch wiz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well if your looking for a phone with the best specs, get the GS3 because it has a better cpu, better battery life than the G Nex and it has way more features. However a lot of people just dont care for Samsung's Touchwiz UI so in that case you can get the S3 and just install a 3rd party launcher or if you insist on having stock Android with a more solid update schedule, get the G Nex. A lot of Android users are not hardcore experts like we are but are just casual users who want a phone to just download a few apps and watch video and surf the web.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes the S3 comes stock with Touch Wiz but you don't have to be rooted to install another launcher like Nova for example

My GN has been flawless :)I have no regrets in getting that phone and had since launch day.

I am getting the S3 as an upgrade to my incredible , time will tell how that phone is once I have it.
So truthfully,,, I from my experience can only comment on how great the GN is and speculate how I hope the S3 will be .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my Nexus. It does everything I want it to do. And with rooting I haven't had to worry about updates. The only thing I hate is the lack of accessories. G-Nex FTW!!

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Love my Nexus...but if I had to pick a phone to buy right now having neither it would be the SIII. Better Processor, Screen, Memory, SD Slot, Camera and its battery matches a Nexus with the extended battery...eventually it will be a world phone to which is a plus if your a traveler.

I have considered even getting it even tho I currently have a Nexus. Only negative I see is Touchwiz and the unknown in regards to updates (tho the Nexus with Verizon didn't exactly fare well itself).

If you can stand Touchwiz get the SIII.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo