USB Charging after 4.0.4 update

gascantx

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Verizon Nexus phone for about 6 months now. I have never had a problem charging via USB before. I have a small 12 volt to USB A port adapter that I use in my truck. I have also used the USB ports built into the nice comfortable chairs at the Southwest Airlines gates in various airports.

I was traveling last week when the 4.0.4 update was released and I updated one night in the hotel. The next day when driving my rental car my 12volt to USB A port adapter would not charge my phone. (No charging indicator). Then when I got to the airport the USB ports in the chairs at the Southwest terminal wouldn't charge my phone either. If I plug into my Mac laptop, I get the message on my phone that it knows it is plugged into a USB port and the charging indicator comes up. All of this is using the the same USB cable. So I know it is not the able. What is different is that the 12 volt to USB A port adapter and the USB charging port in the chairs don't provide anything but power (no USB communication signals).

So is anyone else having this problem after updating to version 4.0.4 of ICM?

Thanks,
Chris

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
When you plug in the phone using USB to the computer, the USB symbol comes up in the notifications bar... Drop it down, what option has the check mark?

gascantx

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Doogie1 - charging from my computer is not a problem as it is a USB power and data connection. It is charging from a pure USB power source (no data connection - I.E. - not a laptop or computer) that is the problem.

-Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer