Problems since 4.04 update.
Since the update, I've had the following issues with my phone.
1) The lack of signal has gotten worse. I drop more calls now. I dropped a call 3x in a row while talking to a friend who was on their home phone line. I get worse dB than I did before, and my 50+% cell standby time with no signal is now 90+%. I couldn't send a text for the life of me in a place I send hundreds of texts a week from.
2) My battery lasts about 4 hours with moderate usage.
3) My phone gets hot. Very, very hot, to the point where I cannot hold it to my ear anymore (this is with screen off).
4) My touchscreen is less responsive/more laggy (at least in Temple Run, the only game I can compare it to as it's something I played daily before and after the patch) and while scrolling.
5) My Wi-Fi signal is also worse.
With that said, Verizon is going to be sending me a replacement. I assume with this many problems, it's a problem with my actual hardware. I had been holding off on doing this because it's a real hassle to restore programs and settings on a new phone, even with Titanium, and it's also a hassle to unroot and relock my phone before sending it back.
If this doesn't work, I'm going to ask to be let out of my contract (riiiight) or given a phone of equal quality.
- 06-13-2012, 03:31 PM #2
- 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM #3
I have been dropping calls whenever I change from 3g to 4g. I called Verizon and they will let me out of the contract or send me another phone. That would be the third replacement.
I am going to replace the phone until I get one that work.
Some people have no problems so maybe a bad batch.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
- 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM #4
- 06-13-2012, 11:22 PM #5
- 167 Posts
Re: Problems since 4.04 update.
A master reset has helped my out as far as the touch responsiveness issue but my 3g to 4g handoffs are worse then before the update. I'll be in an area blanketed with 4g and have a full 4g signal then drop down to 3g until i go into settings and do a quick switch form lte/cdma to cdma only and back and then I'll have 4g again. Battery life is still horrible and both the stock browser and chrome lag or freeze even when I'm 3 ft away from my router at my house pulling 20mbps. I love the style of this phone and pure ics is so nice but I switched to Verizon from Sprint for better speeds and the issues with this phone are preventing me from enjoying Verizon's network. I love the gnex but it's just so inconsistent. I'm on my 3rd one in 3 months and i have a dead pixel on my screen now as well. Sorry for the rant...
- 06-14-2012, 09:05 PM #6
- 962 Posts
I coulda sworn I had better signal than this, oh well. I wish it would just show you the bars you do have. I don't wasn't to see the fraction of bars I don't have, it's depressing. At home I don't have any bars visible (and the phone and data still work)I would rather not see anything over the elusive gray triangle.
- 06-15-2012, 12:31 PM #7
- 06-18-2012, 08:54 AM #8
Re: Problems since 4.04 update.
Have not noticed any negative issues since the 4.0.4 a couple of weeks ago. BUT, I am elated that they have fixed the camera bug where the I would get the "Camera not connected to hardware" issue which required reboots.
- 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM #9
- 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM #10I have The Rickets
I wipe Dalvik in my sleep.
- 942 Posts
- Rooted and Ever-Changing
Shameless self-promotion: my free music.