Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 161
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #26  
    Kegman's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Mine work ok before the update, noticibly worse since the update and I had done a wipe between updates.

    my music audio also stops during playback, always has.
  2. #27  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    If you have your phone unlocked (rooted or not), you can flash the older 4.0.4 radios and fix your bluetooth problems while maintaining the quick transition between 3g/4g.

    You need access to a computer for this though as it requires using fastboot to boot into recovery (or if you already have a recovery installed, you can just install the file without a computer).

    Grab a flashable zip of the i515.FA02 radios (google, they are hosted many places). Voila, problem fixed.
  3. #28  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    If you have your phone unlocked (rooted or not), you can flash the older 4.0.4 radios and fix your bluetooth problems while maintaining the quick transition between 3g/4g.

    You need access to a computer for this though as it requires using fastboot to boot into recovery (or if you already have a recovery installed, you can just install the file without a computer).

    Grab a flashable zip of the i515.FA02 radios (google, they are hosted many places). Voila, problem fixed.
    Not a bad idea... I was thinking it was the rom, not the radio

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    Not a bad idea... I was thinking it was the rom, not the radio

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Definitely the radio for me. Had no issues with Bluetooth on the first leak but the current Rom feels more responsive. So I got the best of both right now with no issues.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    contacted Samsung again via online chat and also phone call. Online chat couldn't help. the phone support said that don't issue bug fixes or updates that it comes from Google. They asked me to contact Google support 1-888-486-3987. The line is busy.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I did call VZW yesterday, stated my case, they called Samsung and got their agent on the phone. They wanted to flush the phone's memory, and have me send it to them. I said no. The problem is not on the phone, it's with the firmware update. I was on the phone with these guys for about 20 min. VZW agent promised to note of the issue, Samsung agent promised to escalate the problem to get more notice for it. Only time will tell.

    Anyone with an unrooter SGN with 4.0.4 that is having audio problem with incall Bluetooth, please call VZW and also Samsung to make sure they log in the issue.

    VZW: 611
    Samsung: 1-888-987-4357 >>1 >>4 >>1
  7. #32  
    eharty's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I got my GNex about a week ago and initially BT worked fine. It has been deteriorating over the past few days with sound going in and out and now it drops the connections on 2 headsets and in the car. I don't know why it would start out OK and then go bad over the course of a week but I need working BT.

    If I understand correctly, I should be able to fix this problem by flashing an earlier radio version?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    VZW was kind enough to overnight me a refurbished Galaxy Nexus. After going back and forth between the two, making calls and testing out the Bluetooth incall Audio quality on two Plantronics Voyager Pro headsets, the BT audio quality was exactly the same between the two units.

    So, VZW has no way of fixing the issue. We are now on the phone with Samsung agent and I am planning to send the new unit to Samsung to resolve the issue.

    What a mess google has made with the 4.0.4...
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    This is no figment of anyone's imagination.

    I have several BT headsets...Moto, Plantronics, and the best of them all, Jawbone Icon.
    They were all fine before the upgrade. Now the callers on the other end complain that I fade in and out, on my end the volume is much lower.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Samsung got back to me about my SGN saying that they couldn't find anything wrong. So I wrote back explaining further that:

    "The issues are NOT whether Bluetooth works during a call session, they are about the fact that the Bluetooth audio quality has deteriorated substantially post 4.0.4 upgrade. The in call BT audio was crisp, loud and clear before the upgrade and now it's muddy, low in volume, and oscillates up and down and makes it impossible to hear the other party clearly. And this is constant.
    The second issue is NOT whether the battery powers the unit, is that, after the 4.0.4 upgrade the rate of battery discharge has basically doubled.
    Both of the above problems have been substantiated by other Galaxy Nexus users."

    And I gave them a link to this thread.
  11. #36  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    Samsung got back to me about my SGN saying that they couldn't find anything wrong. So I wrote back explaining further that:

    "The issues are NOT whether Bluetooth works during a call session, they are about the fact that the Bluetooth audio quality has deteriorated substantially post 4.0.4 upgrade. The in call BT audio was crisp, loud and clear before the upgrade and now it's muddy, low in volume, and oscillates up and down and makes it impossible to hear the other party clearly. And this is constant.
    The second issue is NOT whether the battery powers the unit, is that, after the 4.0.4 upgrade the rate of battery discharge has basically doubled.
    Both of the above problems have been substantiated by other Galaxy Nexus users."

    And I gave them a link to this thread.

    I dunno, go buy a Razr/MAXX then, I hear it got ICS. I already explained its with that version of the radio for some people. The other version of 4.0.4 radios didn't have this issue. You can freely flash the radio without rooting your device, but if you don't want to take advice, then I don't recommend this phone for you.

    All I can say is I'm enjoying Jelly Bean right now and I never had to root my phone. I'm still running the same radios from the first 4.0.4 leak and have no issues on 4.1 with bluetooth or LTE data transitions. We can teach you how to do all these things, but you gotta put at least somewhat of an effort. Your other option is to patiently (like 6-10 months) wait for updates to be brought to you by a different phone manufacturer and Verizon. You calling Samsung is utterly pointless as they do not deal with the software on this phone (despite Apple suing them for said software).
  12. #37  

    Default

    I'm on 4.1 and was on 4.04 horrible Bluetooth on both versions.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  
    kalexan9's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by fminusfminus View Post
    I'm on 4.1 and was on 4.04 horrible Bluetooth on both versions.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I noticed a deterioration of bluetooth quality after 4.04 that was getting progressively worse. Now that I'm on 4.1 Jelly Bean, bluetooth is scary bad. Every 3-4 minutes my Plantronics BT earpiece says: "bluetooth disconnected", and then immediately says afterwards, "bluetooth reconnected". Again, this happens every 3-4 minutes at its worst until I reboot. Then it's fine for about 30-45 minutes until the same problems that EVERYONE else here describes starts all over again.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    but you gotta put at least somewhat of an effort.
    I wouldn't say I am not putting in an effort:
    • I have my SGN fully customized to my satisfaction.
    • My phone, bought on the first day of release was working flawlessly until the 4.0.4 came along.
    • I contacted VZW and after a couple of calls, they sent me a refurbish phone.
    • The refurbish phone, has the same poor BT in call as my current phone.
    • I contacted Samsung and they asked for me to send the phone to them.
    • I sent the phone to them.
    • I called Samsung a few times, while the phone is in their hands to explain in painful detail about the actual issues.
    • I have two threads about this issue at two different Android forums.
    • Both of these threads have been shared with Samsung.
    • When Samsung communicated with me that they can't find anything wrong with the phone, I provided a detailed written explanation of the problems again and pointed them to this thread.


    Based on above, I'd say that I have in fact put in a heck of lot of effort, so far. But I am not rooting my phone.
  15. #40  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    I wouldn't say I am not putting in an effort:
    • I have my SGN fully customized to my satisfaction.
    • My phone, bought on the first day of release was working flawlessly until the 4.0.4 came along.
    • I contacted VZW and after a couple of calls, they sent me a refurbish phone.
    • The refurbish phone, has the same poor BT in call as my current phone.
    • I contacted Samsung and they asked for me to send the phone to them.
    • I sent the phone to them.
    • I called Samsung a few times, while the phone is in their hands to explain in painful detail about the actual issues.
    • I have two threads about this issue at two different Android forums.
    • Both of these threads have been shared with Samsung.
    • When Samsung communicated with me that they can't find anything wrong with the phone, I provided a detailed written explanation of the problems again and pointed them to this thread.


    Based on above, I'd say that I have in fact put in a heck of lot of effort, so far. But I am not rooting my phone.
    Then you don't read well either. You can do all of this on this phone without rooting because it has an unlocked bootloader. But you are complaining to the wrong people and it seems like venting rather than doing.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Complaining to Samsung who made the phone and VZW who is the carrier is the wrong way around? Can you get hold of Google? Even the Samsung guy was saying they can't get hold of anyone at Google.

    Also, based on above posts, it seems. 4.1 doesn't resolve the issues. So, I am not sure you actually have the answer, or it may have worked on your phone, but not on others.

    I'm on 4.1 and was on 4.04 horrible Bluetooth on both versions.
    I noticed a deterioration of bluetooth quality after 4.04 that was getting progressively worse. Now that I'm on 4.1 Jelly Bean, bluetooth is scary bad.
  17. #42  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    Complaining to Samsung who made the phone and VZW who is the carrier is the wrong way around? Can you get hold of Google? Even the Samsung guy was saying they can't get hold of anyone at Google.

    Also, based on above posts, it seems. 4.1 doesn't resolve the issues. So, I am not sure you actually have the answer, or it may have worked on your phone, but not on others.
    Yeah, complaining to Samsung when its a SOFTWARE problem is stupid. We have already told you Samsung doesn't have anything to do with it. If it was a HARDWARE problem, then yes, Samsung should be contacted. If something deteriorates with a SOFTWARE update, its pretty safe to say the SOFTWARE is what caused it. Especially when a SOFTWARE work around FIXES the issue.


    By the way, Updating to 4.1 doesn't update the Radio software, so if it sucks in 4.0.4, its going to suck on 4.1... or 5.0, or 3.2. If the radio software sucks, it doesn't matter what OS version you have.

    Last edited by rufflez; 07-08-2012 at 11:15 AM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Yeah, complaining to Samsung when its a SOFTWARE problem is stupid.
    I think your approach is heavy handed. You just called me stupid. You're way out of line. And you owe me an apology.

    Contacting Samsung is the right approach for those of us who value our phones and don't like to mess with them and keep them as stock as possible.

    1- Samsung needs to be aware of the issues that are happening to their phones.
    2- So does VZW.
    3- The more people complain, the sooner a fix can be made for the BT bug.
    4- I encourage more people with the in call BT audio quality issue to contact both VZW and Samsung to log in their complaint.
    5- It's my understanding the Samsung can flash the current firmware and that could resolve the issue.
    6- This is the smart thing to do.
  19. #44  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Yeah, thats not going to happen. The idea is stupid, but since you don't read well, I guess you might be as well. Its Google's software, Samsung just makes the hardware. If you don't get that then please follow the link at the bottom of my last post. It points you to a direction you can sell your nexus to someone who will appreciate it and you can buy a Razr MAXX who's software and hardware are made by the same company where you would probably complain to the correct people if you have issues with it. You can blame Verizon for approving the wrong radio software, especially since the correct ones have been available since February. To be honest, don't expect any update before Jelly Bean is officially released from Google and approved by Verizon. It may not contain a radio update either, although, traditionally, they do come with them. I'm having no radio issues with Jelly Bean and the 4.0.4 radios, so don't expect radical changes.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Code:
    you can sell your nexus to someone who will appreciate it
    Move on. you are just just one insulting SOB. with no tact and certainly no credibility on this site. find someone else to harass. .types like you, shouldn't respond to posts.
  21. #46  
    adambomb6's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Definitely the radio for me. Had no issues with Bluetooth on the first leak but the current Rom feels more responsive. So I got the best of both right now with no issues.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums


    Nice find!

    I went back to Fa02 and YES, there is a big improvement in bluetooth sound. I thought it was network, but it does seem it was the bluetooth. Weird. Thanks a lot for the tip.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  22. #47  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb6 View Post
    Nice find!

    I went back to Fa02 and YES, there is a big improvement in bluetooth sound. I thought it was network, but it does seem it was the bluetooth. Weird. Thanks a lot for the tip.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    No problem. Noticed the problem pretty quickly and flashed the old radio and voila, problem fixed. Radio also works fine in jelly bean. My only complaint is line of sight with bluetooth devices. Nothing can be blocking the phone and bluetooth device otherwise audio cut out. Its not an issue for me in my car as i leave my phone out in the open when i drive, but it got annoying for 4th of july and trying to play music across a room.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Nothing can be blocking the phone and bluetooth device otherwise audio cut out.
    Hi, I don't have this problem at all. Although as the point of this thread my sound quality in BT, during call has eroded however the usage and range is exactly the same.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    flashed the old radio and voila, problem fixed.
    could you or someone please offer a step by step solution to flash the radio on an unrooted SGN? Thanks.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    UPDATE: Samsung got back to me. They said they had shipped the phone and

    Original Problem:
    ACCESSORY - BLUETOOTH ACCESSORIES - AUDIO ISSUES

    Problem found:
    LOCK UP DURING OPERATION (SW)

    So, according to them the problem is that the phone locked up during operation. Is this bogus. Does it make sense to anyone? Why does locking up has to do with poor audio quality?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B