Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    Yes I read your query. My sound quality in my Bluetooth is great. Havent had any issues at all. For what its worth I have the Motorola Elite Silver. Before and after update for me with NO issues. Sorry for your troubles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I know of 3 people with Verizon Galaxy Nexus in the last 2 months. All came with latest upgrades (ICS of course) and we all have terrible blue tooth reception. It is quite a problem for a lot of people.

If it works good for someone else I wish they would keep it to themselves and let some one who might have some thing helpful to say respond. 4g and android ain't worth all that much if it takes two hand to make a call!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    well, I am not alone. lots of people have this issue. Samsung has acknowledged it (on the phone) and the said they are working on an update.

And Volume+ app doesn't work on my phone. I posted a query on the app developers forum but no reply yet and others have also posted the same issue.
    Which model Samsung do you have? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have the Motorola Elite Sliver as well and receive the buzzing as well.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by renewme View Post
    I know of 3 people with Verizon Galaxy Nexus in the last 2 months. All came with latest upgrades (ICS of course) and we all have terrible blue tooth reception. It is quite a problem for a lot of people.

If it works good for someone else I wish they would keep it to themselves and let some one who might have some thing helpful to say respond. 4g and android ain't worth all that much if it takes two hand to make a call!
    Its the radio. You can read my guide as rufflez on how to remedy the issue.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I tried the new Radios for a while, but I'm back to the FA02 radios. Those are the only ones that I get excellent bluetooth call quality on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

but do we know for sure if the 4.1 SGN VZW really fixes the bluetooth in call sound quality issue or at the least improves it?

ROM
    Stock

but do we know for sure if the 4.1 SGN VZW really fixes the bluetooth in call sound quality issue or at the least improves it?
    I know for a fact that the 4.1 radios don't. The FA02 radios do. You can continue to be frustrated or let us help you.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

You're looking at it wrong. It is not related to 4.1, it is the radios. 4.1 has the FF02 radios. FF02 does not fix it. Only FA02 fixes it.

That's my experience anyway. It's easy to test. I have zips of both I can install back and forth in CWM recovery. Sorry, but you have to be rooted with a custom recovery to do this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb6 View Post
    You're looking at it wrong. It is not related to 4.1, it is the radios. 4.1 has the FF02 radios. FF02 does not fix it. Only FA02 fixes it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/12/6uvasa4a.jpg

That's my experience anyway. It's easy to test. I have zips of both I can install back and forth in CWM recovery. Sorry, but you have to be rooted with a custom recovery to do this.

Nah, you just need to be unlocked. I have stock recovery, no root and FA02 Radios. You can boot into a custom recovery without installing it

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

you guys are killing me. now you are saying that the 4.1 is not going to fix this mess? I do not wish to unlock or root my phone. it's my only phone, I use for personal and business and can't be without it, or have it get all messed up.

this is unacceptable and VZW doesn't care.

4.1 has the FF02 radios
    what's the radio on 4.0.4?
    Banned

F"A"02 is the radios you're looking for from 4.0.4, not the other 4.0.4 radios. Not the second letter.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

that's not clear.

according to above:
    4.1 is FF02
    4.0.2 is FA02
    4.0.4 is ???

in another words, does the 4.1 have the same radio as the 4.0.4?

No fc04 and fc05 are the 4.0.4 official radios (look under about phone in Settings menu under baseband version to see your radios) ,the EK04 ( I think) radios were 4.0.2 the new radios in the jellybean leak are FF04 and FF05...

The FA radios that are being recommended to you are from an earlier leaked 4.0.4 update build that was never officially released.

Unfortunately it seems people say Verizon's radios in this current jellybean leak have not helped any more than the current official FC radios so these posters are recommending you stick with the older leaked 4.0.4 FA radios

Remember there is also a small chance that you and others who contacted Verizon, or their own testers have made them aware of the issue...

If this is the case, then Verizon could choose to test then release a new set of radios that do actually fix the problem with the official ota... this would mean a much longer wait for jellybean though for stock folks.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Remember there is also a small chance that you and others who contacted Verizon, or their own testers have made them aware of the issue...
    ahhh, wishful thinking. I hope they do that.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Lol

If new Radios are released I can guarantee the rufflez, Andrew, and myself will test them long before any official release.

All I can assume is most folks are not heavy bluetooth users (I use bluetooth daily). The FA02 radios were from an unofficial leak, never made it to release, so it's really unlikely we see a Verizon official fix at this point.

Banned

I never had a problem with bluetooth until the official 4.0.4 released. I have a theory... I'd be curious if the Chinese and the Korean models have different Bluetooth modules. Probably not, but I'm speculating as to why some people have a problem and some don't. I talk to my Fiance everyday on my way home from work in the car's bluetooth. With the official radios, I wanted to kill someone because of the quality of sound. For s's and g's, I tried an older radio and that fixed my issue. Whenever a new radio comes out, its the first thing I try. Still no luck.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

I'm speculating as to why some people have a problem and some don't.
    based on my threads on this issue, here and elsewhere, 100% of all unrooted VZW SGN phones that received 4.0.4 update over the phone have this issue for in call BT.

However, this particular problem doesn't happen on every single call. it only seem to happen on about 50% of calls and it's not biased toward land line or cell. but since the update, the overall in call BT volume has dropped and as stated on half of the calls the sound quality oscillates and is often hard to hear the other party. they have no problem hearing you.
    Banned

people only complain when they have a problem. I highly doubt everyone has this issue or more than 2 people would be complaining on here.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

well I have two new points.

1. I am not getting anywhere with VZW about my issue.

2. I am noticing that my BT range has been cut in half. Really I walk away from the phone 12 feet, it starts to get staticy....

time to either switch carriers or just get a new phone.

I am out of solutions here....

based on my threads on this issue, here and elsewhere, 100% of all unrooted VZW SGN phones that received 4.0.4 update over the phone have this issue for in call BT.

However, this particular problem doesn't happen on every single call. it only seem to happen on about 50% of calls and it's not biased toward land line or cell. but since the update, the overall in call BT volume has dropped and as stated on half of the calls the sound quality oscillates and is often hard to hear the other party. they have no problem hearing you.
    Why would having root have any impact on this?

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

meaning people who have resolved this particular issue by changing their BT radio.

Almost nobody uses those radios anymore though rooted or not... (almost all users use the stock radios or switched to the leaked jb radios)

I didn't notice the issue when I last used BT... which was on stock 4.0.4... though since you said it was intermittent I may not have tested extensively enough (hopefully that's not the case)

There are obviously many other people who are using bluetooth extensively on these radios who are not noticing the issue either...

That doesn't mean the radios are perfect (many of us were doing good on the current radios yet they've still been replaced in the leak) but it indicates that it likely only plays a role on some phones (and it sounds relatively few compared to the signal issues even taking into account non BT users and intermittence)

I don't know who's counting, but my bt sound quality stinks since the 4.04, unrooted stock phone. If whatever radios are in the next upgrade don't fix it, I'm out of the Nexus. Big PIA to get another phone but I am one of those heavy BT users as I have to use earpiece. I've had phones since the first BT phone w/Motorola and never had such bad, distorted voice quality on a multitude of headsets. The BT quality for the a2dp profile for navigation, music, etc is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by samkatz View Post
    I don't know who's counting, but my bt sound quality stinks since the 4.04, unrooted stock phone. If whatever radios are in the next upgrade don't fix it, I'm out of the Nexus. Big PIA to get another phone but I am one of those heavy BT users as I have to use earpiece. I've had phones since the first BT phone w/Motorola and never had such bad, distorted voice quality on a multitude of headsets. The BT quality for the a2dp profile for navigation, music, etc is excellent.
    I'm guessing a refurb would fix your issues in this judging by the seeming rarity if this problem

That being said it seems possible Samsung had serious quality issues with CDMA/lte devices... and has absolutely blown off refurbishing phones properly ...

If this is true then hopefully they are forced by market repercussions to reconsider their approach to proper manufacturing
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

rarity
    who said it was rare. it's shared by many. but seems to be only VZW SGN stock phones.

here's another thread about this. and there are other threads with similar subject. this issue is widespread...
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...e-4-0-4-a.html

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

I have been running jb with FF02 for a couple of months and use the bluetooth in my car everyday and have never had a problem.

On the other hand, my wife's unrooted/stock rezound, all 3 that she has gone through because of this, has had unusable bluetooth since the ics update. I was offered a thunderbolt or bionic as a replacement. I laughed in the "customer loyalty" rep's ear, hung up, and started shopping for a new carrier.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast