Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 161
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #101  
    fonzman78's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I had terrible BT problems with the ICS 4.04 update. I have a Kenwood BT ready car stereo. Prior to my Nexus, I had a Blackberry Storm 2 with no problems having people hear me over the car mic. Since going with the Nexus, I've had problems with clarity using my car speakers over BT. I had to speak loudly and repeat myself several times. It was so bad that I had to switch to phone speaker so I could be heard. It appeared to get worse with 4.04.

    Last month I finally rolled the dice and unlocked my phone (which was a huge step for me) so that I could get JB. I didn't want to wait months for the Verizon release. Since updating to JB, I slowly realized that my BT was vastly improved. I say slowly because when using BT in my car, I slowly noticed that I didn't need to speak loudly any more and that people could hear me just fine. I actually asked a caller if they had problems hearing me and they said I sounded real clear. So, for me, BT has greatly improved since going to JB.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    fronz, thanks for this update. hopefully by November 2013 when VZW finally releases the jelly bean, the 3 functioning SGNs by then will benefit by it.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    fronz, thanks for this update. hopefully by November 2013 when VZW finally releases the jelly bean, the 3 functioning SGNs by then will benefit by it.
    I see we have an optimist in our midst .... ;-)

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. #104  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    who said it was rare. it's shared by many. but seems to be only VZW SGN stock phones.

    here's another thread about this. and there are other threads with similar subject. this issue is widespread...
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...e-4-0-4-a.html
    Well the issue seems real,but again it's clearly not affecting a large number of devices

    Almost everyone using this device was on your radios since the update until the end of last month where some users switched to the jellybean radios (which nobody with the problem seems to see as having fixed the issue at all right?)

    So nearly everyone with this phone is using the radio software that this issue occurs with... and Bluetooth is fairly widely used...

    Yet only a handful of people have noted issues... it's enough to prove it exists but it is frustrating because indicates its a defect that seems inconsistent

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. #105  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by vivek615 View Post
    Well the issue seems real,but again it's clearly not affecting a large number of devices

    Almost everyone using this device was on your radios since the update until the end of last month where some users switched to the jellybean radios (which nobody with the problem seems to see as having fixed the issue at all right?)

    So nearly everyone with this phone is using the radio software that this issue occurs with... and Bluetooth is fairly widely used...

    Yet only a handful of people have noted issues... it's enough to prove it exists but it is frustrating because indicates its a defect that seems inconsistent

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Its a genuine problem, and I've found a simple fix. I've described the process several times over and over. Its a matter of switching the radios to an older version. Data switchoffs still work perfectly. It works with either 4.0.4 or 4.1.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #106  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Well the issue seems real,but again it's clearly not affecting a large number of devices
    the issue affects all VZW SGN with 4.0.4 period.
    now those who have decided to take the updates into their hands are a different matter. but the issue is as widespread as it can get in regard to this phone.
  7. #107  
    rufflez's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    122 Posts

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    the issue affects all VZW SGN with 4.0.4 period.
    now those who have decided to take the updates into their hands are a different matter. but the issue is as widespread as it can get in regard to this phone.
    It does not affect ALL, quit your bull. If it affected ALL, it would get much more publicity than 2 small threads on here with mainly you complaining.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #108  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    ruff, is there a reason that you are posting in my thread. you offer no solution, you are overtly negative. you seem to be instigating an argument and flaming. I want you to stop posting in my thread.
  9. #109  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,929 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Let's take it easy here. No need to escalate things past civil discourse.
  10. #110  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    the issue affects all VZW SGN with 4.0.4 period.
    now those who have decided to take the updates into their hands are a different matter. but the issue is as widespread as it can get in regard to this phone.
    This is simply not true.... and if that's what you've been telling Verizon they will know you're wrong as soon ad they test a phone

    If this affected all phones then why are so many users having no problem at all with this issue ?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #111  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    This is simply not true....
    the 4.0.4. BT radio is the problem here, not individual phones. The issue has been spotted on CDMA VZW phones. If you had a stock VZW SGN 4.0.4. you have this problem. The issue is hard to detect and can't be spoted by routine testing. Because BT works and it actually works OK on 50% of all calls. I have explained this above, feel free to scroll back or click http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2151637
  12. #112  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I don't post much here...more of a lurker.

    I have had nothing but problems with my bt since the update to 4.0.4. I'm suspect that there are a lot of people out there...like me...that don't really post much but are having the same issue. Prior to 4.0.4 my bt was fine. Now...it is practically useless.

    I haven't switched radios or went to JB because I am just not ready to take the plunge. I am impatiently waiting to the ota update to JB.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by dqdude View Post
    I have had nothing but problems with my bt since the update to 4.0.4. I'm suspect that there are a lot of people out there...like me...that don't really post much but are having the same issue. Prior to 4.0.4 my bt was fine. Now...it is practically useless.

    I haven't switched radios or went to JB because I am just not ready to take the plunge. I am impatiently waiting to the ota update to JB.
    Thank you!
  14. #114  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    maybe I'm missing the link, but I can't seem to find the FA02 radio.
  15. #115  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    the 4.0.4. BT radio is the problem here, not individual phones. The issue has been spotted on CDMA VZW phones. If you had a stock VZW SGN 4.0.4. you have this problem. The issue is hard to detect and can't be spoted by routine testing. Because BT works and it actually works OK on 50% of all calls. I have explained this above, feel free to scroll back or click http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2151637
    Shiva I have read everything you've posted on this actually.... We all have been using the stock radios... another guy with your issue posted that the newest radios don't fix the issue right?

    Well those newest radios that came just a few weeks ago are the basically ONLY other radios that anyone is using meaning that according to you all Verizon galaxy nexus phones have this issue

    (,except for the miniscule number who never updated)


    This is NOT the case...

    You know there are tons of BT users online saying it works fine...

    You are damaging your own credibility with Verizon by saying there is a defect everyone has but only a handful of people can detect, which is not good because they and Samsung need to be aware of a real issue with our devices...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I don't get the relevancy of your post.

    Well those newest radios that came just a few weeks ago
    who is talking about newest radios? what does this have to do with stock unrooted unmessed with SGN with 4.0.4?

    only a handful of people can detect
    where you do get this?

    You know there are tons of BT users online saying it works fine...
    and where do you get this?

    I don't see how your post has to do with fully stock, SGNs? and how do you make such statements? Do you work for Verizon?
  17. #117  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    Not sure what to tell you. My Bluetooth quality is great. Then again I'm using a $130 Bluetooth so it better be great.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    Clear everything you have paired and pair them again. That's where I would start, but you've likely done that. Any updates available for the headphones in terms of firmware? I haven't had an issue with BT audio on 4.0.4. Use it every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by waj2278 View Post
    I use BT audio every day and since 4.0.4 I haven't experienced any problems. But then again I'm only using it in my car... No headsets to test. Maybe something went screwy in your update that's giving you the problems?

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    Okay? Or do you need more? From your own topic

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    I don't get the relevancy of your post.


    who is talking about newest radios? what does this have to do with stock unrooted unmessed with SGN with 4.0.4?


    where you do get this?


    and where do you get this?

    I don't see how your post has to do with fully stock, SGNs? and how do you make such statements? Do you work for Verizon?
    Read the others who complained of your issue... the newest compatible radio that worked were from the unofficial 4.04 build...

    Almost nobody is using those radios or older... so according to your claim almost everyone should have issues

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Okay? Or do you need more?
    is that you whole argument? You are wasting my time. Move on, there is nothing in this thread for you. I don't have the time to keep typing the same replies.
  20. #120  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    And I certainly don't work for Verizon... you and others clearly have an issue... they screwed you...

    I'm making this point for a good reason, do you remember the signal issues people are having?

    A lot of people who weren't having issues mistakenly believe that they were.... because they didn't understand the way the phone displays signal....

    Because of this... verizon and samsung ignored the devices with genuine issues when they announced their fix and focused on the misunderstanding

    When you claim there is a universal issue... and there is not.. then they may assume the issue doesn't exist because your claim is false

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Please don't attack me... read my posts and understand what I'm saying...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    I have explained this ad nauseum and this is the absolute last time I am going to say this:

    The Bluetooth works!!! Even Samsung tech who had my phone for two weeks couldn't find anything wrong with it. So, if you are not sensitive or hip to these things, it will all be rosy to you.

    If you are hip to such things as sound oscillation, lowered volume, garbled sound then you'd notice the issue.

    The problem as stated for the 10th and last time, since 4.0.4. firmware update, on VZW unlocked, unrooted, unmessed with, totally stock SGN phones, the BT in call (only, not affecting music) sound quality on about 50% of all calls (this figure varies, sometimes I can use it all day, other times I can't use it for 3 calls in a row) has deteriorated.

    Vivek, this is my last reply to you on this thread. By the way, I am not Indian, so don't try to get chummy with me.
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    I have explained this ad nauseum and this is the absolute last time I am going to say this:

    The Bluetooth works!!! Even Samsung tech who had my phone for two weeks couldn't find anything wrong with it. So, if you are not sensitive or hip to these things, it will all be rosy to you.

    If you are hip to such things as sound oscillation, lowered volume, garbled sound then you'd notice the issue.

    The problem as stated for the 10th and last time, since 4.0.4. firmware update, on VZW unlocked, unrooted, unmessed with, totally stock SGN phones, the BT in call (only, not affecting music) sound quality on about 50% of all calls (this figure varies, sometimes I can use it all day, other times I can't use it for 3 calls in a row) has deteriorated.

    Vivek, this is my last reply to you on this thread. By the way, I am not Indian, so don't try to get chummy with me.

    Shiva... you are testing my patience on this topic... I've been nothing but civil to you, but it's NOT my job, or anyone else's to hold your hand... DO NOT post topics if you do not want to read and DO NOT respond to posts that you have not read... DO NOT make claims about things when you have little to no understanding about what you're talking about...

    1. You, and others on this thread have noted the issues you describe with Bluetooth following an OTA update

    2. As this thread progressed certain posters with your issue have noted that the (AND THIS APPLIES ONLY TO PHONES EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE!) issue occurs irrespective of ROM or root status, but is determined by the radio version on the phone... both radio versions from IMM76K and the current JB update have the issue, radio updates older than build IMM76K do NOT have the issue... earlier posters who share your issue and attempted to confirm this were able to (see BOTH your threads)

    3. You claimed that the ALL stock phones will have this issue...
    4. You did not answer how and why rooting, installing a custom rom, or unlocking the bootloader would have even one shred of an impact on this issue EXCEPT in terms of #2.


    5. It then becomes a matter of logic... IF THE PROBLEM OCCURS ONLY WITH CERTAIN RADIO SOFTWARE and people using THE SAME EXACT RADIO SOFTWARE are not having issues... then the problem is NOT UNIVERSAL


    I am going to ask you again:

    Stop posting false information... or give us one single reasonyou believe that every single phone that has a locked bootloader has non functioning bluetooth okay?

    Then maybe we can help you understand a little more...

    Because based on what you've wriitten in this thread you are having serious comprehension issues

    And I DO NOT care about what your background is (And I really don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm going to "get chummy" because I'm Indian).. I'm not here to be your friend... but I am not going to sit here and watch you misinform people on this forum.
  24. #124  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by vivek615 View Post
    Shiva... you are testing my patience on this topic... I've been nothing but civil to you, but it's NOT my job, or anyone else's to hold your hand... DO NOT post topics if you do not want to read and DO NOT respond to posts that you have not read... DO NOT make claims about things when you have little to no understanding about what you're talking about...

    1. You, and others on this thread have noted the issues you describe with Bluetooth following an OTA update

    2. As this thread progressed certain posters with your issue have noted that the (AND THIS APPLIES ONLY TO PHONES EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE!) issue occurs irrespective of ROM or root status, but is determined by the radio version on the phone... both radio versions from IMM76K and the current JB update have the issue, radio updates older than build IMM76K do NOT have the issue... earlier posters who share your issue and attempted to confirm this were able to (see BOTH your threads)

    3. You claimed that the ALL stock phones will have this issue...
    4. You did not answer how and why rooting, installing a custom rom, or unlocking the bootloader would have even one shred of an impact on this issue EXCEPT in terms of #2.


    5. It then becomes a matter of logic... IF THE PROBLEM OCCURS ONLY WITH CERTAIN RADIO SOFTWARE and people using THE SAME EXACT RADIO SOFTWARE are not having issues... then the problem is NOT UNIVERSAL


    I am going to ask you again:

    Stop posting false information... or give us one single reasonyou believe that every single phone that has a locked bootloader has non functioning bluetooth okay?

    Then maybe we can help you understand a little more...

    Because based on what you've wriitten in this thread you are having serious comprehension issues

    And I DO NOT care about what your background is (And I really don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm going to "get chummy" because I'm Indian).. I'm not here to be your friend... but I am not going to sit here and watch you misinform people on this forum.
    Just ignore him. Will a mod please close this thread, the information is there for those who want to use it. For those that don't, the forums here are no place for disrespectful attitude. I've tried making this point to Corey and I'm the one who gets shunned.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  25. #125  

    Default Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

    Someone... please... before thread is closed. Link to FA02 radio?

    Nevermind... I found it. Apparently the google search on my cell phone is different than on a freaking PC:
    http://devsrom4android.blogspot.com/...ock-radio.html
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions