Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

I could, but there's useful information in here too. Thanks for letting me know if had that option though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

As a former admin of this forum, I would have closed this long ago. The last "useful" thing posted here was several weeks ago, by me. This is just an F'n rant and complaining.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

You don't have to close a thread. All you need to do, is to stop posting irrelevant posts.

If you don't like a thread, ignore it.

this thread is about the ongoing problems I have with my SGN. it's stock and will remain so, so any advice as to rooting and unlocking is unhelpful.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

You don't have to close a thread. All you need to do, is to stop posting irrelevant posts.

this thread is about the ongoing problems I have with my SGN. it's stock and will remain so, so any advice as to rooting and unlocking is unhelpful.

You could also read pages back to the last relevant thing posted in here and stop posting yourself. But you like to complain, which isn't useful, which is grounds for closing a thread.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

As a former admin of this forum, I would have closed this long ago. The last "useful" thing posted here was several weeks ago, by me. This is just an F'n rant and complaining.

As a current moderator of this forum, I don't like closing topics that have actual use. I don't like stopping members from discovering new methods to troubleshoot or address issues. Ranting it might be, but if some user sees this and is able to address or explain issues with their own device then I believe that benefit far outweighs closing it.

I am a founder and admin of a massive global discussion forums on certain Euro brand of motorcycles. I have run this forum for 8 years+. I am an expert when it comes to running BBs. if the OP is asking someone not to post in his or her thread, as the thread owner, he has every right to demand that. And I am asking that. Simple!

My apologies, but that's not how it rolls here.

Exactly. Now let's follow the warning I issued at 3:40pm EST. This is the last warning. If you have questions, complaints, or opinions, feel free to PM me. I'll be here all night.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay I know I said that I would respect the OP's wishes but one more thing:

Does flapjack's issue indicate there is something else going on here or is he/she experiencing a separate issue (he/she basically got 4.0.4 with the phone so we don't know if his/her issue is related to the update)

But if anybody else has any ideas that's the only important thing that needs to be addressed because otherwise its simply an issue caused by radios.

Okay sorry I came back but that's all

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Okay I know I said that I would respect the OP's wishes but one more thing:

Does flapjack's issue indicate there is something else going on here or is he/she experiencing a separate issue (he/she basically got 4.0.4 with the phone so we don't know if his/her issue is related to the update)

But if anybody else has any ideas that's the only important thing that needs to be addressed because otherwise its simply an issue caused by radios.

Okay sorry I came back but that's all

Please feel free to post in whatever thread you find interesting, compelling, intellectually encouraging, etc. We're an open community here; the last thing we'd want to do is shut people out!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to report that the Bluetooth in call sound quality has not improved at all since Jelly Bean 4.1. This is very disappointing!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry to report that the Bluetooth in call sound quality has not improved at all since Jelly Bean 4.1. This is very disappointing!

Is it your hardware? I've used it once while on 4.1.1 (a month ago) and I thought it was fine, although I have no idea what to compare it to.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Maybe relevant. I have an LG HBS-700 Bluetooth headset, and calls have an awful buzzing noise in the background. Music and media are both fine. Calls using my in-car Bluetooth are fine.

I took it to a VZW store and complained about it. The lady used a pair of Motorola headphones and did not have the problem. I told her what kind of headset I had, and she went and grabbed a pair of those. She heard the buzzing.

Apparently some manufacturers don't get along when it comes to Bluetooth, I guess. I'm thinking about buying another pair since my work will reimburse me $50 for a headset, but I'm also thinking about complaining to VZW until they just give me a new phone :p Moto RAZR HD sounds nice ;)

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it was noted when these radios leaked that this radio version didn't change BT from imm76k (for those who have phones with this issue).. but the 4.0.4 radios just before imm76k are supposed to work well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it your hardware? I've used it once while on 4.1.1 (a month ago) and I thought it was fine, although I have no idea what to compare it to.

I guess this issue is hardware with a software workaround

You can get a replacement phone or use an older radio workaround... unless someday a radio version comes along that helps affected hardware.

For now

Flapjack1976

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I did not see this until today. I got the phone with 4.0.4, so I don't know. I'm running 4.1 now, but it's no better. The FA02 radio still has the buzzing, but the voice quality is a little better. The problem with that radio is that my data dies at least once a day... sometimes more. I have to put the phone in airplane mode, then back, to get data to come back. Very frustrating.

Maybe relevant. I have an LG HBS-700 Bluetooth headset, and calls have an awful buzzing noise in the background. Music and media are both fine. Calls using my in-car Bluetooth are fine.

I took it to a VZW store and complained about it. The lady used a pair of Motorola headphones and did not have the problem. I told her what kind of headset I had, and she went and grabbed a pair of those. She heard the buzzing.

Apparently some manufacturers don't get along when it comes to Bluetooth, I guess. I'm thinking about buying another pair since my work will reimburse me $50 for a headset, but I'm also thinking about complaining to VZW until they just give me a new phone :p Moto RAZR HD sounds nice ;)
Very interesting. I have the same LG headset (which buzzes, but only during phone calls) as well as a Plantronics 925, which buzzes during calls (I don't think it supports music).

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I did not see this until today. I got the phone with 4.0.4, so I don't know. I'm running 4.1 now, but it's no better. The FA02 radio still has the buzzing, but the voice quality is a little better. The problem with that radio is that my data dies at least once a day... sometimes more. I have to put the phone in airplane mode, then back, to get data to come back. Very frustrating.

As far as people on this thread, everyone who had Bluetooth start sucking after 4.0.4 that tried the older radios had that fix the problem... it sounds like your issue may not be radio related... it could be pure hardware if alternate BT devices don't work for you

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Sigh...I was so hoping that the upgrade to 4.1 would fix my bluetooth problems. Now I am contemplating getting a replacement handset or just replacing my radios.
:(

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
ive had the motorola sd-10 headset $80
LG HBS-700 $80
and $30 Jabra.

All give poor voice quality with in and out incoming voice quality. No one ever complained with my output voice quality.

These issues occurred while on unlocked and rooted phone but on stock rom. I got frustrated waiting for a fix and installed bugless beast rom to 4.1 and flashed the new radios. Nothing worked.

bluetooth works fine for everything else great, movies, music etc.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
def.not related to BT device. my jawbone, moto and PLT all are horrible on the receiving end of phone calls, fine on the A2DP apps. Has to be the radios as I've gone thru 3 GNEX's already. Could be the hardware, but I don't think I had the problem way back on 4.0

mutmong

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
GUY&GIRLS

THE SOLUTION IS NOT THE FA02 RADIO FILE.
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
IT'S INTERFERENCE FROM THE WI-FI RADIO IN YOUR SMARTPHONE
THATS NORMAL DUE TO THESE NEARBY FREQUENTIES. COMMONLY KNOWN
JUST DISABLE WIFI AND VOILA!

Sorry for my poor language but dutch i my native language.

Grtz!

Flapjack1976

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
GUY&GIRLS

THE SOLUTION IS NOT THE FA02 RADIO FILE.
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
IT'S INTERFERENCE FROM THE WI-FI RADIO IN YOUR SMARTPHONE
THATS NORMAL DUE TO THESE NEARBY FREQUENTIES. COMMONLY KNOWN
JUST DISABLE WIFI AND VOILA!

Sorry for my poor language but dutch i my native language.

Grtz!
I wish it were that simple. This problem happens when I'm driving. I turn my WiFi off as soon as I leave the house.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante