Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4
02-17-2013 01:37 PM
- that's not even a reply. did you read my query? it talks about the sound quality AFTER the upgrade. I have two Plantronics Voyager PRO+ BT units (considered one of the BEST on the market) and they both sounded great before the 4.0.4 upgrade and now they sound like sh*t. it's not the BT it's a bug in the update.06-16-2012 07:12 PM
- just called VZW, of course they had no solution at this time and I don't blame them. I really like VZW customer service, been with them for about 13 years or so and never have had any issues with their customer service.
also as above, Samsung customer help had no resolution at this time, just saying that they are working on another software update.
I could barely hear the VZW lady on the phone. My BT sound quality and I use two Plantronics Voyager Pro + headsets, has gone to sh*t. If I use the phone itself the sound quality is great. it's just the damn BT software.
Pairing was deleted, phone restarted and repaired. Also MusicFX was cleared and phone restarted.
installed volume+ paid and then the free. none worked!
Paid said, it works only with certain type of BT.
Free said, it doesn't work with ICS at all.06-16-2012 08:53 PM
- that's not even a reply. did you read my query? it talks about the sound quality AFTER the upgrade. I have two Plantronics Voyager PRO+ BT units (considered one of the BEST on the market) and they both sounded great before the 4.0.4 upgrade and now they sound like sh*t. it's not the BT it's a bug in the update.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums06-16-2012 10:25 PM
- I use BT audio every day and since 4.0.4 I haven't experienced any problems. But then again I'm only using it in my car... No headsets to test. Maybe something went screwy in your update that's giving you the problems?
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums06-17-2012 10:49 AM
- well, I am not alone. lots of people have this issue. Samsung has acknowledged it (on the phone) and the said they are working on an update.
And Volume+ app doesn't work on my phone. I posted a query on the app developers forum but no reply yet and others have also posted the same issue.06-17-2012 12:11 PM
- My bluetooth sounds ok, the problem is now some of my devices won't stay paired. Didn't have this problem before the update. I dock my phone in a bluetooth speaker dock at night and have it speak the weather in the morning and play radio. But now I have to pair it manually in the morning to get it to work, which defeats the purpose since it's supposed to be an alarm clock and I'm still in bed.06-18-2012 07:41 AMLike 1
- i have the sprint gnex and it came with4.0.4. the Bluetooth has been a horrible experience. in my truck it always connects and will route calls but goes mute during media playback half the time. the only fix is to reboot the phone. when the media does work its only audio. if you try to play a video or game over bluetooth audio the feed will chop and break up to the point of being unusable. one of the main reasons but not the only reason im selling it for the gs306-18-2012 08:49 PM
- It would help if there was some description of sound problem other than it stinks or sucks.
I use blue tooth headphones on a daily basis but my moto rocker S9 HD just bit the dust or I guess just the right ear piece. I just switched to my wife's S10 headset and after listening two two records I felt the sound was not as full as I recall. It to me sounded a bit flat and tinny. I guess I could try some wired ear buds to compare. With so many changes I was doubting my own ears but after reading this thread I think some testing is in order.06-18-2012 09:04 PM
- brandonx1000rule the air.06-18-2012 09:32 PM
- I get this on cm9
Audio call quality is very glitch.
A2dp does not connect reliably. When it does it is frequently in a state where it periodically drops out making music unlistenable.
There are audio.conf hacks that make it a bit better but compared to my dead sensation its a total mess.
I use two devices: factory handsfree(crap Audi solution)and a separate a2dp device for music.
This setup was not a problem for my sensation nor my hd7. Only the gnex.06-18-2012 11:33 PM
- Regarding the BT issue. To be more accurate of the problem, I understand that I can be heard good, it's just that using BT now, after the update the following happens.
1- The overall volume is down by about 50% (seat of the pants of course).
2- The incoming voice through the BT oscillates. Meaning for every other word the volume drops. Yes, it's a pain.06-19-2012 01:46 AM
- To be honest, Bluetooth audio (A2DP anyway) has never been that impressive. I've tried several times in many cars (or using many adapters) to be ok with the sub-par sound. In the end, I always end up just plugging my phone into an audio cable. The difference is astonishing.
The HTC One series uses apt-X, which is supposed to sound much better.06-19-2012 08:45 AM
- Same issue here! Actually, sound quality in general has gotten much worse since the upgrade. I am repeatedly now having to call people back multiple times because they tell me they can't make out what I am saying. I have never had this issue before. Most of the time calling back doesn't help either. I actually had to reboot last week because my phone was so faint and garbled that it was not usable. Just before I went to the store, I got the brilliant idea to do a battery pull and it worked. But I can't be doing that daily. I am about to get the S3 and pass this phone down to my DD because it's been really frustrating this month.
It's strange because before this month, I had no issues whatsoever. I got the phone the day it came out and it was perfect until now. I didn't even tie it to the upgrade until I saw this thread. Given that I drive the same route every day for the last 5 years, I am pretty sure it's not Verizon. Katherine06-19-2012 01:39 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD