Phone Won't Charge in (my) car

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My stock VZW GN won't charge in my '07 Maxima. I've tried two different chargers (one from amazon and one from the VZW store) but to no avail. The lights on the charger are lit so it is getting power but the phone won't charge. The phone charges with no problem (with the same chargers) in other vehicles. Also it charges just fine when plugged into the wall. Any one else seeing this or have any ideas for a work around?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Any chance it could be the car? Have you tried other phones in your car?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It charges my wife's iphone just fine. It also powers my Griffin Bluetrip just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue. Turns out when I flashed back to stock it took care of it. If you are stock already, factory reset. Not sure why it was a software issue, but it did the trick for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
How hot is your nexi? Any thing 120 and above its stops charging till it drops down till below 110.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the current from your Maxima's outlet is pissing off the Gnex for some reason. If the same charger works with the same phone in other vehicles, then it is something particular to that vehicle. I'm not a gearhead so I can't speculate what might be wrong, but that's the only thing that makes sense. If it was the charger or the phone, then you would expect that combo to not work anywhere else.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Since the plug is lighting up the outlet is working so its not the fuse.

was thinking light on could have been user error... Its possible. I used to be a mechanic, you'd be surprised...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But its charging different devices.
was thinking light on could have been user error... Its possible. I used to be a mechanic, you'd be surprised...

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how much it puts out, but I know my photon car dock charges quicker than my home charger...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how much it puts out, but I know my photon car dock charges quicker than my home charger...

Really? Interesting. The home charger should be drawing on AC while car chargers, unless they're 1 amp or above (or you have a fast charge setting in a kernel), will draw on 500mAH ("USB").

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Really? Interesting. The home charger should be drawing on AC while car chargers, unless they're 1 amp or above (or you have a fast charge setting in a kernel), will draw on 500mAH ("USB").

In the car dock, it shows AC - and charges super quick. Usb into same adapter its usb, and slow.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen to me during the course of my last three phones: blackberry 8900, droidx, and droidx2. All my chargers were walmart and eventually just stopped charging my phones. If my wife plugged in her phone, it worked fine.

I stopped buying walmart chargers and only use verizon chargers now. So far, I have not experienced this problem. I believe I went through 3 cheaper chargers before I gave up on them altogether.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12