Username curiosity... are you curious?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea what made me think of this off topic subject but I always wonder what the true meaning of those odd names we see throughout forum life. Obviously the people that use their names... duh. Not much to explore there. Just list what drives your name. What its about. You don't like the topic? Don't answer.

Mine... an Italian hitman. And the triple6. Eh. Obvious. Although I'm not really el Diablo. It would be nice to change it but oh well. Anyone else that knows me.. I'm known as inkdaddy66 on all other forums with the exception of this one. The meaning of that one is a little self explanatory. I'm a dad with ink... lots of ink

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.4 via Tapatalk2

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine reflects the nickname I earned at work about 15 years ago. I can just about locate anything you are looking for on the internet so I earned the name Captain Download. Of course I shortened it to captain_dl. Now days on most sites I go by c0ast3r_fan because I am a member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts and am a fan of rollercoasters. I used my captain_dl name here because I am an old carryover from crackberry.com when I had my Blackberry Storm and it was easier to sign into here with my now "Mobile Nations" account than to try to change it or create a new one..

Reactions: sicario666

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a thing with phone numbers spelling stuff. My cell phone first phone spelled 7yo-stev(e) originally I requested the last four digits of my number be 7838 (I couldn't choose the first 3 numbers. After some brainstorming the yo was the only thing it could spell.

My college landline spelled 8-rice (on dorm phones you only had dial the last five digits)

Anyway it stuck. Website everything

Although my current google voice number is hugs2steve which is the only thing could find, but you don't have to memorize area codes which is why I like it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol... This dumb-as-a-doornail dude we used to hang out with in high school always had this dumb expression whenever we'd explain things to him:
"I see, said the blind man, to the two deaf mouse."

We always used to repeat and laugh to make fun of him.. And yeah that's about it...haha. Was making a new screenname for AIM like 8-9 years ago and joking with a buddy about what to make it and "two deaf mouse" was ringing through my head, so I tweaked it to 2defmouze and its become my go-to name for most forums/online stuff ever since.
:)

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the name of my character on an MMORPG...lol. I was looking for a good name for her and just randomly found this name somewhere on the interwebz and thought it was pretty and unique. :p

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Mine is self explanatory. I guess I will have to change it when I change phones, lol!

You'll lose your post count. I know it doesn't matter but its kinda like nerd cred. Similar to street cred. Lol. That's why I won't change mine. Plus...the whole "member since ______"

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.4 via Tapatalk2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Worked my way through high school and college at one pizza shop or another and people kids mostly would refer to me as the pizza dude. The extra I is in there because aol took my first one and wouldn't give it back....

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
First name and last initial with my 2 favorite numbers...Lucky 13 and 69...Its a carry over from my very first email from way back in the day and I user it for everything since its easy for me to remember.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a neck :)

And its a long, boring story basically, having to do with a series I did in art school, and then naming the folders 0______ on my computer to make them first alphabetically. So I wound up with a folder called 0 neck, and it stuck.

Plus it sounds cool :)

lethalgorman

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's from Battlefield 2 days on pc. When I tried the name I wanted, it was taken and they ("EA") suggested "lethalgorman". When I was a kid, my dog was named after Gorman Thomas, of the Milwaukee Brewers. I've had it since.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Used to use a variety of my actual name on forums. One day when I was about to post something factual but derogatory about my employer I decided the better part of valor was to use a different name. That was ten years ago. Shinytop is descriptive of my dome.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
When people see my name they usually think i had a stroke while trying to type "Poseidon".

When in actuality "Poseign" (pronounced "Puh"- zine with a long "i") is uniquely my own screen name.

Way back, probably 10 years ago now, I used to play a game called Continuum, which before that was called Subspace. Think Multiplayer asteriods, but instead of shooting asteroids you shot other ships. Well I went by another screen name (Blue Thunder, named after a monster truck, not the helicopter) but I got bored and I wanted something unique. I started brainstorming. I wanted a callSIGN with 'pizazz', and thus Poseign was born, that is after i finessed the spelling a little.

I am the only one. Anything on the interwebs with the name Poseign is me. And that makes me Happy :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad