Update to 4.0.2 fails (open Android with red triangle)

spanska_lag

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure where else I could have posted this. I have a TELUS Galaxy Nexus. Firmware was at 4.0.1 (yakjuux). I flashed the phone to 4.0.1 (yakju). I did this to make sure my data would work again with the same firmware. I got the 4.0.2 update but I won't install. It downloads fine, it reboots the phone and start upgrading and then fails with the open Android body with the red triangle with the exclamation mark. I'm at a loss here. I was hoping I could simply keep going with the OTA updates from now on. I read it was possible here:

Guide: Update your Galaxy Nexus from ‘yakjuux’ to ‘yakju’ 4.0.4 – Mac OS X | Digital Igloo

I know I wasn't going to 4.0.4 but I was hoping to prove OTA updates work now. How can I get more info as to why this fails? Are there log files somewhere?

My bootloader is still unlocked. I don't know if this can have any impact on the OTA. Once the OTA fails, I can go to "Google Framework Services", clear the data and then I can manually check for the update and I see it again.

What should I try next?

Thanks!

David

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery on there? I would suggest making sure that everything is stock and then unlocking/rooting.

spanska_lag

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the recovery that comes with the stock ROM. I also forgot to mention I restored all my data with Titanium Backup. I wonder if something in the system could be stuck and would need it's cache or data to be cleared. I had to do this for a couple apps (like Google+ that would keep crashing until I clear it's data) but I would like to avoid to erase everything again as I wouldn't really benefit from anything I've done so far.

For certain apps like Angry Birds Space the restore didn't do much as I lost my game data. I don't know if it'll work at some point but I still have my data files.

I'm already root and unlocked. Any other ideas?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the recovery that comes with the stock ROM. I also forgot to mention I restored all my data with Titanium Backup. I wonder if something in the system could be stuck and would need it's cache or data to be cleared. I had to do this for a couple apps (like Google+ that would keep crashing until I clear it's data) but I would like to avoid to erase everything again as I wouldn't really benefit from anything I've done so far.

For certain apps like Angry Birds Space the restore didn't do much as I lost my game data. I don't know if it'll work at some point but I still have my data files.

I'm already root and unlocked. Any other ideas?

Flash custom recovery and then a rom or a deodexed version of the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums