Cracked screen. Replace or warranty?

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
It'll cost $125 to replace it at a local cell place or a little more for the insurance. I've had this phone since launch and have heard bad things about nexus phones made in other countries. I've had minimal problems and I am worried about getting a refurbished one that will spring up issues. I am currently rooted etc... Ideas? Opinions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
macmitten, I just went through the replacement process myself. Twice. I certainly could be wrong, because I am not sure if those stickers on the back are accurate, but it appears that the two replacements I got were both quite new, brand new I think. Not to say for sure you would get a new one, but, your chances are at least pretty good. (Where did you get yours? This is all assuming you just went through Verizon).

Of course, you could get a "bad apple" too. My original nexus lost all 4G data connection, and my second one had a noticeable bluish tint compared to the original. But my third one seems okay... haha.

Reactions: macmitten

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If it was my phone, I'd pay to have the screen replaced. If you're at all uncertain of the people that you found to replace it, send it directly to Samsung and pay them. I know that can be done. My phone runs perfectly, so I would not want the whole device replaced. If I had any issues at all, I'd go for the insurance replacement.

Reactions: macmitten

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital