Yelling at Verizon

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So I love this galaxy nexus a lot. But battery life and signal problems are starting to really get on my nerves. So what do you guys think are the chances that if I to verizon about these problems that they will switch me into a new phone..... Say the galaxy s3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You can hope but don't count on a better radio in the GS3. Guess you can hope for that too. Wish you luck.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think you have good chances of getting s new phone if you are poliete and honest with them. Yelling will not get you anywhere. Verizon knows their a problem and if you are persistent you will probally be able to choose a new phone. Best of luck.

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I want actually gonna yell. I work and retail and know that doesn't get people anywhere. Also, should I go to a store or call over the phone?

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the GN for one week when it came out took it back for the well known radio issues and I got the Rezound, this is the best phone I've ever owned I've not had to make one call to Verizon, zero issues and works as it should work.

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I want actually gonna yell. I work and retail and know that doesn't get people anywhere. Also, should I go to a store or call over the phone?

I would recommend the store at first because those people are usually more likely to work with you. I feel the people at the store use their best judgement rather than following exact carrier guidelines.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have read a few posts on this forum that some are now not even being allowed to switch to the Maxx, I wont say getting to go to the 3 is impossible just improbable.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the store at first because those people are usually more likely to work with you. I feel the people at the store use their best judgement rather than following exact carrier guidelines.

Plus, naturally, in-person confrontation is more uncomfortable; one is more likely to get a more desired (pragmatic) result by being persistent in the store, rather than talking to someone on the phone who has the power to be more obstinate.

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am gonna try and switch into the Rezound. I havent heard much bad from it.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am gonna try and switch into the Rezound. I havent heard much bad from it.

I wouldn't ask for a specific phone, just see what they offer you and take what you want. If you are offered a maxx or razr I would take those options before a resound.

Shirke

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The latest update did not fix this issue for me also.battery life and signal problems.
There is nothing you can do just ride it out until next upgrade or contract expire.

bebbles

May 30, 2012
Visit site
You will not get an S3... They always swap you with equal or lesser, not a phone thats a year newer usually.

I have heard some really good reviews about the Rezound, good luck!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
i think poster just wants a gs3 and doesnt have a upgrade available. most likey they will offer a maxx

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They will not give u a gs3.. You will get a rezound or a moto razr maxx... I repeat u will not get a gs3...

I spoke to a really cool level 2 tech the other night for an hour or so and there is no way to get a GS3. I tried to get a maxx but all he had to offer me was a rezound, a regular razr and an LG Spectrum. He checked the system and they were all out of Razr maxxs and the iphone 4s which are the only two phones that i would consider but he told me that even after the SG3 is launched there would be no way to get one. I had him send me another Gnex and he said that the certified pre-owned stock changes from day to day and just to call back and check for a Razr maxx. As much as I don't want a moto phone the 4.04 update looks almost completely vanilla ics with some cool features added.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm contemplating returning my GNex, but I am conflicted. On one hand, I love this device. On the other, the mic cutting out mid call is really starting to take it's toll.

That being said... I always deal with VZW over the phone, as I get the best results that way (though it doesn't hurt that I'm a VIP customer). I wouldn't ask for a straight up exchange for a newer device. I would throw out the offer to pay a pro-rated amount.

Penned via Tapatalk.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and my nexus sits on a shelf. I was told no way in hell for a gs3 and no way for a maxx or 4s due to contract issues with the manufacturer. I'm on my 6th nexus and was offered any other phone other than the 3 listed above. The 4s I'm using now was given to me by a family member that switched to sprint.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gqowpz
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk