Might have to move on from the Galaxy Nexus
06-27-2012 08:48 AM
- First I my Galaxy Nexus has been my favorite phone.... when it works. I am currently on my 5th Galaxy Nexus. The store manager at my local corporate store has offered to do a late exchange for another 4G phone if I had problems with this phone. I am now trying to decide if I should get the MAXX or wait for a Galaxy S3. Do you guys think the problems I experienced are from Samsung are unique to the nexus or will the S3 be a good phone?
1. Connectivity problems. Dropping data on WiFi or LTE.
2. Bad micro-USB port. Could not charge phone.
3. Phone randomly turning off. Found out later any jarring motion turned the phone off. Happens with standard battery and back and the slim extended battery and back.
4. Phone speaker did not work. Verizon technical support apparently did nor believe me. Made me go to a store.
5. Same problems as 1 and 3.
The phone sits in a Seidio Convert Case and holster.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 206-22-2012 09:25 PM
- You must have had a lemon. I am a little wary about Samsung radios as I had a terrible experience with the Stratosphere.
Things were slightly better on the Nexus but still not great.
I ended up opting for an S3 (still keeping the Nexus) but I would be lying if I said I was confident Samsung ironed out the radio issues.
The rest of the issues I never seemed to have on my Nexus and I'm thinking you must have had a string of really bad luck or Samsung quality control is poor (or both)06-22-2012 09:33 PM
- I myself am using an iPhone I got from someone else while my super unreliable nexus I paid $300 and wasted an upgrade for sits on a shelf and collects dust. Verizon has sent me 6 all with the same issues as the ones you have listed. I believe most are still software issues or Samsung has the worst quality control ever.
I can't even get offered a maxx and do not want a regular razr nor rezound unless new and they will only send a certified like new one. They even wanted me to pay for the back and battery for the rezound. I love the nexus and ics but cannot afford the bad service and dropped data all the time. All my previous 3G phones had no issues and I live in a very good full bar 4G area no less.
After researching trying to decide what to do I'm thinking data drops are an issue with all current 4G phones in certain areas and have decided to look into a custom rom for my nexus or keep logging complaints so they let me upgrade early when another worthy model comes along. Verizon has confirmed the issues and claims to have reported them to Samsung. Question is do I want to wait another 6 months for the next update and be stuck with this phone another year after?
Until then I am sticking with this boring as hell 4s as I need a reliable phone for work. During my vacation next week I will play around with the nexus and a custom rom to see if it helps at all.
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qhfmyo
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk06-23-2012 08:30 AM
- I'm on my 4th Gnex and after the 4.04 update I've lost screen responsiveness on the last two. I love this phone but I can't justify spending over $100 a month for a phone that won't even open a text message half of the time. This is just insane. I'd root but the last 3 have has bad displays as well. Verizon needs to come correct or I'm out.06-27-2012 12:18 AM
- Samsung is capable of doing better... My S1 was near perfect. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I have the radio and rebooting issues. My friend just picked up the S3 and it does have similar radio issues, but still much better than the GNex. Its better with battery, camera and super quick though. I think it would definitely be an upgrade from the GNex, but just by a little bit. I have now decided to root the phone and keep it until the Note2 comes out lol...06-27-2012 01:51 AM
- sicario666AndroidSkullGive the s3 a shot. I haven't had any problems with my nexus. Which doesn't make it any better on your part. I've had the same one since release and my wife as well. I have both phones rooted and running paranoid android 1.4. Radios are strong and we both have no issues. Would I trade my nexus for an s3? Knowing me. Probably. Bit not for performance issues...just cuz I like to have the newest of the new. Whichever you choose. Good luck and I hope vzw comes through for you and doesn't let you down.
BinaryCode transmission from ParanoidNexus via XpTapaTalk206-27-2012 08:48 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Might have to move on from the Galaxy Nexus
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD