Verizon Nexus Signal - Still a Problem? -- Need advice

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Would you recommended the Nexus over the RAZR

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

The only thing I like about the maxx is the battery. Other than that I'd go with the nexus...better yet,wait for the s3 if all possible

BinaryCode transmission from ParanoidNexus via XpTapaTalk2

bhanisko

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I like about the maxx is the battery. Other than that I'd go with the nexus...better yet,wait for the s3 if all possible

Really? Why, I'm curious why you all seem against the Razr Maxx? The update to ICS is live, and once it fully implements to the Maxx it will blow the nexus out of the water.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Really? Why, I'm curious why you all seem against the Razr Maxx? The update to ICS is live, and once it fully implements to the Maxx it will blow the nexus out of the water.

Lawl! Your funny. The GN has a 1.6Ghz CPU under-clocked to 1.2 and the Razr has a 1Ghz overclocked to 1.2. A good radio is all the Razr has on the Nexus all the rest are old parts Moto bought on the cheap and wrapped with a shiny case. Sorry I love my supercar style mini-tablet. Mostly I guess because mine worked perfectly since day one with a non-bloatware ICS.

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

And next month, my phone will have Jelly Bean.

RAZR owners will be lucky to see Jelly Bean in September.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If you're into flashing mods onto your device... the razr doesn't have as much support as the nexus. Take into effect what the others noted as well.

RisaChan

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I am also having problems with my Galaxy Nexus. I just received it yesterday and the signal goes crazy, all bars, to no bars, 3G to 4G then nothing. It drops calls every 5-10 minutes as well. It seems to be constantly searching for signal.

Now that I have said that, I will also say that I own a Verizon iPhone 4 and a 4S. Neither have connection issues while the Nexus can't even get on 3G. I have tried going to several places, including right across the street from a Verizon store. The Nexus still continues the behavior that was mentioned above while the iPhones are fine.

Was really wanting to switch from iPhone to Android, but I am really disappointed right now ;-;

RisaChan

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The replacement will be here tomorrow. If it does it too I'm not sure what to do after that. Hopefully, its just a lemon. I will post back tomorrow once I know for sure though, thanks!

RisaChan

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hope this helps you out with a solution

This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thank you, but I do not believe this is the problem I have. Inside the article it says "Verizon will kick you off the data side (not voice, though), either 3G or 4G." Yes, I am kicked off the data, but I am also being kicked off the voice part, meaning nothing but dropped calls and signal bars going from full to none and back again without moving.

Thank you, though! Interesting read. Reading this makes me a lot more nervous about my replacement I'm getting tomorrow.

bhanisko

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but I do not believe this is the problem I have. Inside the article it says "Verizon will kick you off the data side (not voice, though), either 3G or 4G." Yes, I am kicked off the data, but I am also being kicked off the voice part, meaning nothing but dropped calls and signal bars going from full to none and back again without moving.

Thank you, though! Interesting read. Reading this makes me a lot more nervous about my replacement I'm getting tomorrow.

My wife's turned out to be a lemon. We returned it for a new one yesterday and its working GREAT now. Same problems as you had on the original one, drop signal, 3g-4g-3g no signal, etc. New one stays 4g in 4g and 3g in 3g with a decent signal and no drops of service at all.

Good luck.

CletusJones

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My wife's turned out to be a lemon. We returned it for a new one yesterday and its working GREAT now. Same problems as you had on the original one, drop signal, 3g-4g-3g no signal, etc. New one stays 4g in 4g and 3g in 3g with a decent signal and no drops of service at all.

Good luck.

my first gnex was also a lemon, had the same issue. swapped it out at the VZW store and never looked back. The one I have now has been fantastic.

I almost switched to the MAXX but after using a good gnex I was really glad I decided to give it another shot.

RisaChan

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement and now all seems well! I don't seem to get 4G at all even though the map says I'm covered. I get constant 3G and signal bars. Guess I'll have to call Verizon about not having 4G. That sucks. But overall, I love this phone!!! Its amazing.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
do we know any batch numbers, serial numbers, production dates or anything to determine which may be lemons or fixed? Anyone get good or bad ones from amazon? And or replaced with good or bad?

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you go into your phone settings and go into more then the bottom at mobile networks then go into network mode it has to be set on cdma/LTE to get 4G

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I did find out this only because I still had my older one not sent back yet ,but the ones made in China the white bleeds through and washes out the color and makes the black show hints of purple. Did color test, and I went into my VZW store and looked at both display models both of there screen color was good with no color fade pulled the battery and both came from Korea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908