Very Odd Issue with the Battery.

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Someone tell me what they see wrong here. :) I find it very odd.

Screenshot_2012-06-22-22-09-57.png

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes have mine go up 2-3% without charging it.

"There's always something to look at if you open your eyes."
-The Doctor

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So does mine!
By the way, do you remember what your screen on time was for that day?

I normally go 2:30+ with 40% screen brightness. I use the crap out of it and normally get 12-16 hours of usage. But it is so weird to see it gain 3% or so without touching it for a hour or more. Also, I didn't mean for this to sound like a fishing thread, whatever that may be. :)

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
is yours rooted? for some reason mine comes awake even when the screen isn't on and it pisses me off. I can't seem to find what is making it do it though.

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
All stock. One of the biggest things is when your mail accounts are set to Push Mail. I set all mine to check once a hour or whenever I open them. It saves a ton of battery.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Seeing battery percentage go up without being plugged in ins't necessarily a defect. Phones may read read slightly lower battery charge levels when the battery is being drained at a heavy rate.

Disclaimer: I'm usually pretty poor with analogies, but I'll try anyway. This information is to the best of my knowledge, and of experience working with similar batteries and power systems.

Imagine blowing up a balloon, and holding it closed between two fingers. This is your battery. Relaxing your fingers slightly to allow only a small stream of air out would equate to standard battery drain. You open the mouth of the balloon for two seconds only, letting out as much air as can get out in that time. This simulates heavy phone usage. The overall volume of air inside the balloon may not have dropped by a very large percentage, if you're reading the "charge" of the battery by measuring the pressure of air inside the balloon (read: electrons/electrons' flow rate), you may read a lower "charge" during those two seconds than is accurate. You can easily test this to try and replicate it. Turn LTE on, do what you can to lower your signal strength, turn the brightness up, play games, stream HD videos, etc. for somewhere around ten minutes. Heavy usage is your friend :D. Then, turn on airplane mode, clear all of your recent apps, and let the phone sit. Check your battery usage after a short while.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20