1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Very Odd Issue with the Battery.

Someone tell me what they see wrong here. I find it very odd.

Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That it went up at the end without being charged? Mine randomly does that sometimes too...lol.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/Franco

Default Re: Very Odd Issue with the Battery.

So does mine!
    By the way, do you remember what your screen on time was for that day?
    IG= @andrewshah_ru

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

I sometimes have mine go up 2-3% without charging it.

"There's always something to look at if you open your eyes."
    -The Doctor

This what you call a fishing thread.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by andrewshah View Post
    So does mine!
    By the way, do you remember what your screen on time was for that day?
    I normally go 2:30+ with 40% screen brightness. I use the crap out of it and normally get 12-16 hours of usage. But it is so weird to see it gain 3% or so without touching it for a hour or more. Also, I didn't mean for this to sound like a fishing thread, whatever that may be.

Nothing wrong with fishing for answers.

is yours rooted? for some reason mine comes awake even when the screen isn't on and it pisses me off. I can't seem to find what is making it do it though.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

All stock. One of the biggest things is when your mail accounts are set to Push Mail. I set all mine to check once a hour or whenever I open them. It saves a ton of battery.

It goes up quite often, actually. Do you have another battery on hand to try? My guess is your battery is going bad.

Seeing battery percentage go up without being plugged in ins't necessarily a defect. Phones may read read slightly lower battery charge levels when the battery is being drained at a heavy rate.

Disclaimer: I'm usually pretty poor with analogies, but I'll try anyway. This information is to the best of my knowledge, and of experience working with similar batteries and power systems.

Imagine blowing up a balloon, and holding it closed between two fingers. This is your battery. Relaxing your fingers slightly to allow only a small stream of air out would equate to standard battery drain. You open the mouth of the balloon for two seconds only, letting out as much air as can get out in that time. This simulates heavy phone usage. The overall volume of air inside the balloon may not have dropped by a very large percentage, if you're reading the "charge" of the battery by measuring the pressure of air inside the balloon (read: electrons/electrons' flow rate), you may read a lower "charge" during those two seconds than is accurate. You can easily test this to try and replicate it. Turn LTE on, do what you can to lower your signal strength, turn the brightness up, play games, stream HD videos, etc. for somewhere around ten minutes. Heavy usage is your friend . Then, turn on airplane mode, clear all of your recent apps, and let the phone sit. Check your battery usage after a short while.
    Last edited by Lumenii; 06-26-2012 at 04:12 PM.