I put Siri in her place!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Was in Dallas for bad news this weekend (I live in Houston) and I had a cousin for Tennessee there also. We are the same age of of course he had a iPhone 4s as did most of my family that was there (what can I say!). So keep talking to Siri the whole time, most of the time joking around. We got in the car to go to lunch and he asked me how to get there, now neither one of us are from Dallas and had no clue. I grabbed his phone hit Siri and said Navigate to El Fenix, the place we where going. I forgot the words stated but Siri was a FAIL! I grabbed my GN hit the mic on the search bar and said the same thing (making sure he could see I was talking to my phone also) and just like that up pops Google Maps and away when went!! The look on his face, priceless!!!!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Was in Dallas for bad news this weekend (I live in Houston) and I had a cousin for Tennessee there also. We are the same age of of course he had a iPhone 4s as did most of my family that was there (what can I say!). So keep talking to Siri the whole time, most of the time joking around. We got in the car to go to lunch and he asked me how to get there, now neither one of us are from Dallas and had no clue. I grabbed his phone hit Siri and said Navigate to El Fenix, the place we where going. I forgot the words stated but Siri was a FAIL! I grabbed my GN hit the mic on the search bar and said the same thing (making sure he could see I was talking to my phone also) and just like that up pops Google Maps and away when went!! The look on his face, priceless!!!!!

lol I wish I could've saw it :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Most of my Friends have the iphone and those with Siri actually say it sucks and rarely use it after the first day.

I downloaded an app called Assistant and showed them Android can do the same thing but better. They really liked that you could see the "assistant" and dress her (or him) up...the best part was when I changed the Assistant to my fiance's name (shes a huge iphone fan) The conversation when like this:
Me: Can I change your Name?
Assistant: Yes you can. What would you like to call me?
Me: I will call you Missy
Assistant: Thats a nice name. You can now call me Missy
Me: Missy can I change my name?
Missy (Assistant): Yes, what would like me to call you?
Me:Call me Big Sexy
Missy (Assistant): Of course, I will call you Big Sexy.

My friends couldnt stop laughing and my fiance laughed but wasnt too happy about it lol. Now every time I open the app it says Hello Big Sexy what can I do for you.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I love it!. Whats sad is that I'm sure most people who have an iPhone think they are the only ones who can talk to their phone but of course we know that this isn't the case. And now they don't even have google maps which lets face it iPhone or android fan everybody knows google maps is the best out there

Reactions: zkSharks

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Siri is a good fit for the iPhone, both in form and function -- it was designed well for iOS. Apple will likely increase the functionality, accuracy, and speed at which Siri processes and executes commands. Keep in mind that Apple labeled Siri a "beta" product when it was announced and released. For the time being, however, the various methods of voice control on Android beat Siri hands down, at least in all but one category.

While I'm sure that some do, I believe many of the voice control solutions for Android don't incorporate the functionality of Wolfram Alpha. Am I wrong?

Trev.3000

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
People seem to think that just because our phones don't talk back somehow makes them inferior to there's. I'll take that over Siri any day!

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Siri works ok.. so do they other voice command apps on android.. Neither are perfect and both need to be worked on a lot. Most of the time I use it, it's for directions or navigation.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea the voice thing is funny. I like it and id like to use it but at the same time when i download an app like Assistant or another one i never end up using it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Siri is a good fit for the iPhone, both in form and function -- it was designed well for iOS. Apple will likely increase the functionality, accuracy, and speed at which Siri processes and executes commands. Keep in mind that Apple labeled Siri a "beta" product when it was announced and released. For the time being, however, the various methods of voice control on Android beat Siri hands down, at least in all but one category.

While I'm sure that some do, I believe many of the voice control solutions for Android don't incorporate the functionality of Wolfram Alpha. Am I wrong?

Here at my office there are probably about 60 or so people with iPhone 4s phones. I've never once, not once, seen any of them use Siri.

There's a saying in the tech industry called "FaceTime." It refers to heavily promoted apps that no one uses. Siri is a FaceTime app.

The problem with voice recognition apps, and this includes Siri, Assistant and Vlingo, is that they don't work 100% of the time. In fact, they probably don't even work 80% of the time if you're lucky. If you happen to have a voice that is hard to recognize you're completely out of luck. When that happens people find it much quicker and less frustrating to just tap the buttons.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Here at my office there are probably about 60 or so people with iPhone 4s phones. I've never once, not once, seen any of them use Siri.

There's a saying in the tech industry called "FaceTime." It refers to heavily promoted apps that no one uses. Siri is a FaceTime app.

The problem with voice recognition apps, and this includes Siri, Assistant and Vlingo, is that they don't work 100% of the time. In fact, they probably don't even work 80% of the time if you're lucky. If you happen to have a voice that is hard to recognize you're completely out of luck. When that happens people find it much quicker and less frustrating to just tap the buttons.

Another HUGE issue with these voice command apps is that most people are more than happy that they can do things without telling everyone in ear shot what it is they are doing. Privacy is a comfortable right same reason people don't use speak phone unless they have too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae