Rocking JellyBean!!!

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Installed this over night and have found very few issues, but YMMV. For a port that only took a couple of hours to get to us, it is running very smooth on mine. Some people have reported bad or no Wifi connection and 4G, but mine has been flawless. My 3G always show no bars, but when I click on the browser, I have data. There are a few GSM and CDMA ports floating around, but this particular one that I'm running was done by Droidvicious for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Again, this is not a build.prop edit, this is full Jelly Bean!!!

Screenshot_2012-06-28-09-15-53.png
Screenshot_2012-06-28-09-03-58.png

Screenshot_2012-06-28-09-36-23.png

Screenshot_2012-06-28-09-36-13.png

Last edited:

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
after you install the update is there a way to get back to locked bootloader and non rooted? curious if my work email will work with this..

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just to nitpick because I have to.. None of has full Jellybean.. We're playing with a preview version. But look at it as a good thing, it should be even better when official builds are complete, or ROMs are built from the source. Still I admit the preview build runs fantastic :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
after you install the update is there a way to get back to locked bootloader and non rooted? curious if my work email will work with this..

Yes, always. The nexus is always able to flash the stock images in fastboot and relock the bootloader if you need, in a matter of minutes :)

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, always. The nexus is always able to flash the stock images in fastboot and relock the bootloader if you need, in a matter of minutes :)

i didnt mean to get back to 4.04.. I used the mempodroid method to push the 4.04 build to my VZW g nex and updated before the OTA but was able to keep my work emails since my bootloader was locked and it was an unrooted official build. I am assuming this preview is too hackified to work though but it is so damn tempting

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i didnt mean to get back to 4.04.. I used the mempodroid method to push the 4.04 build to my VZW g nex and updated before the OTA but was able to keep my work emails since my bootloader was locked and it was an unrooted official build. I am assuming this preview is too hackified to work though but it is so damn tempting

Oh I see.. Lol well you could always unroot it and lock the bootloader.. But really if that's what you're going for I'd say at least wait til there's an official build for the VZW nex leaked or something we can provide, because it'd be a hassle for you to do and setup when these builds we have now aren't even the full JB yet, ya know?

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh I see.. Lol well you could always unroot it and lock the bootloader.. But really if that's what you're going for I'd say at least wait til there's an official build for the VZW nex leaked or something we can provide, because it'd be a hassle for you to do and setup when these builds we have now aren't even the full JB yet, ya know?

yea that is my thinking too. sigh.. at least ill have my nexus 7 soon to tide me over

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Running Jelly Bean since last night. Its been absolutely incredible.

Agreed. After all of my apps were reinstalled, everything was quick and smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Does FoxFI work on Jelly Bean?

What works and doesn't work with Jelly Bean? Seen mention of WiFI issue so I was wondering if FoxFI works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez