Jellybean- List your apps

Jays2Kings

May 26, 2011
Visit site
GTA III - FC's without message on start
Apex Launcher - Fc on start with message
Sixaxis -Starts but can't get the driver going, thus doesn't work (though never got to try on ICS so idk)
Poweramp - all works but notification doesn't display album art

Light Flow works for me as well, re-downloaded it and manually put settings back in.
Just about everything else works, but it's quite a list, all other games work for me too (NBA JAM, Mass Effect, Shadowgun, Project 83113 is all I have so far)

cveez11

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i found that with the mms notification issue with light flow, if you use the button on the top right of the notification bar to hide the notification then the led will turn off. not a great fix, but better than rebooting every time. also, hbo go and max go do not work.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
BeyondPod seems to have delays when seeking forward or back, play, and pause. It's a very minor delay though, just annoying when trying to find something in a podcast.

Anyone try spotify yet? I didn't market restore nor did I use TiBu since it nearly destroyed my cardiovascular system, so I basically have core apps + chrome + tapatalk lol.

Used it yesterday - works great.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the GSM Nexus but I don't think that should matter a whole lot... I've basically stayed away from 3rd party apps just cause I've been feeling particularly Googley and Google's are well optimized for JB.

One app that has been crashing a lot for me on JB is Tapatalk=/ Titanium Backup works for most functions but will freeze when I try to delete/restore system apps.

bigmac44

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So far:
Swype Beta won't install. Error parsing the package. **Update: Works on JellyBelly 1.1 ROM
Moboplayer wants to download a codec, but the app won't download it, so that's broken.
Wondershare video player: Accessing the settings and trying to browse causes it to crash.
Play Movies: Doesn't recognize my stored videos.
The ringtones are horrific and not loud at all. I can't use my downloaded ringtones and notification tones.
Google Wallet is broken (that's with all modded ROMs anyway. Keep getting an Unsupported Device notification).
I'm also unable to browse my phone when connected to a PC.
** Update: Apex Launcher: Force closes.
** Update: Moxier Mail: Can't enter security code.

I've tried this with 4 different Jelly Bean ROMs and have had the same result. Yes I have done full wipes and cleared Dalvik cache. Other than that, I like the look and feel of Jelly Bean.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
TiBu caused a softbrick for me. I'm not using it again.

My Tapa has been awesome.

Also, G+ uses a red notification light. So don't have a heart attack like I did 10 minutes ago ;).

Reactions: zkSharks

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Been running JB 4.1 since yesterday on my GSM GNex (from Google Play) and haven't found anything that does work yet. Surprisingly stable!

bigrednemo

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
has anyone gotten any video playing apps to work? MXPlayer says its not supported on this Android version or something like that. Moboplayer is a no go, BSplayer is a no go as well. this is my biggest/only gripe really.

anon(225291)

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
for me these are the ones that didnt work
ics browser+
hbo go
max go
third blade
wifi tether
foxfi
dice player
lbe privacy guard
fling!
mx player
celes arca

screff

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with K-9 Mail crashing whenever viewing a message over IMAP. The app runs but crashes as soon as I try to view an email.

I'm also having some problems with ADW Ex launcher. There are some graphical glitches that happen when you switch desktops sometimes.

ianken

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth is worse than ics on my gnex. pairing with devices that don't use use a pin is a matter of trial and error and connections in general are hit and miss connecting. a2dp can get in a state where the music drops out periodically.

maps still fails to wake Bluetooth before speaking so guidance gets cut off.

it'd be nice if Google would fix bugs like this. it just adds to the perception that they lack the ability to close on the details.

I'm sure they made sure their spam engines were all working.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with K-9 Mail crashing whenever viewing a message over IMAP. The app runs but crashes as soon as I try to view an email.

I'm also having some problems with ADW Ex launcher. There are some graphical glitches that happen when you switch desktops sometimes.
Ditto with K9. I went with the stock email app which works fine.

Evernote widget won't work for me.
Light flow lite - kinda working. Sometimes the light stays on even if there are no notifications.

Nelly547

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So far:
Swype Beta won't install. Error parsing the package.
Moboplayer wants to download a codec, but the app won't download it, so that's broken.
Wondershare video player: Accessing the settings causes it to crash.
Play Movies: Doesn't recognize my stored videos.
The ringtones are horrific and not loud at all. I can't use my downloaded ringtones and notification tones.
Google Wallet is broken (that's with all modded ROMs anyway).
I'm also unable to browse my phone when connected to a PC.

I've tried this with 3 different JB ROMs and have had the same result. Yes I have done full wipes and cleared Dalvik cache. Other than that, I like the look and feel of Jelly Bean.

My Google Wallet works perfect. Used it earlier today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan