Verizon Backup Assistant w/ Jelly Bean "Not Supported"

ryandev00

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a method of syncing contacts over Verizon's backup assistant for Jelly Bean?

I am getting "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Um, why do you need Backup Assistant?

You do realize that all of your contacts and apps are backed up to your Gmail account, right?

ryandev00

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get the contacts exported to a CSV and then imported them into Google successfully.

I synced and still only see the 5-6 contacts.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
They aren't for some reason, only 5-6 of the contacts were imported. The other 120 are inside Verizon's tool.

It's because the contacts on your phone to begin with were set as "local contacts." You'll have to set them as "Google contacts" on the phone in order for them to sync to Google Contacts. You could, however, solve both issues at once by going to the My Verizon "Backup Your Contact List" page. Your contacts will be there. Export the full contacts list to a CSV file, then import it on Google Contacts.

They'll show up on your phone in minutes. ;) And no need to use Backup Assistant -- or any other contacts sync application -- ever again.

Reactions: Yung_Dilla

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it got sorted out. I always give the VZW guys a strange look when they ask about the BackUp Assistant and if I use it...:p

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it got sorted out. I always give the VZW guys a strange look when they ask about the BackUp Assistant and if I use it...:p

Same here. No point using it with Google already having all of my info stored.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex